How do I compress my mod folder?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
ikachan

How do I compress my mod folder?

Postby ikachan » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:18 am

I've done a small amount of modding previously and now coming back to it I've found that when I compress my mod to a .zip folder and then rename it to .ftl it no longer works.

I've tried using some of my previously working mods and found that unpacking it and repacking it is enough to stop the mod from working. I'm using 7-zip to compress the files, do I need to use something else?
It was moments after I teleported all my crew onto their ship that I realized my fatal flaw. They had a shield overcharger... and I had no weapons.
maymoToTheBone

Re: How do I compress my mod folder?

Postby maymoToTheBone » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:36 pm

I haven't done much modding either, so take this with a grain of salt. 7-zip works fine for me. When I had problems like this, it was because I was compressing the parent folder instead of selecting the data, img, etc. folders and compressing those. I hope this helps! If not, then I have no idea what else to try.
ikachan

Postby ikachan » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 am

Oh, yeah that's probably what I was doing wrong. Its been a little while. Thanks
It was moments after I teleported all my crew onto their ship that I realized my fatal flaw. They had a shield overcharger... and I had no weapons.
maymoToTheBone

Postby maymoToTheBone » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:20 pm

No problem, I'm glad I could help!