[MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL Infinite Space

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:06 am

I can't read through 91 pages, What is still WIP about this mod? need new enemies? balancing? compatibility? crash issues? what.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
TheElt

Postby TheElt » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Amazing mod, but there are some issues;

Crashes seem to be very frequent, which gets annoying when you finally get a ship to ruin the mini-bosses with and suddenly... Poof.

Also, because the game thinks you're in sector 1 random enemies are very weak, so later on it's like clubbing seals for scrap.

So far my only 2 complaints about this mod, keep it up man!
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:08 am

TheElt wrote:Amazing mod, but there are some issues;

Crashes seem to be very frequent, which gets annoying when you finally get a ship to ruin the mini-bosses with and suddenly... Poof.

Also, because the game thinks you're in sector 1 random enemies are very weak, so later on it's like clubbing seals for scrap.

So far my only 2 complaints about this mod, keep it up man!

+1 complaint on the crashes.
+2 thumbs up for the great concept.
alzzzzzzzz

Postby alzzzzzzzz » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:17 am

DrkTemplar wrote:What is FTL Infinite Space?

Great concept, but 1 bug and needs balancing.
Bug - I cannot remember the entire scenario, although you are to wait for inspection. If you choose to wait in line the game crashes. If you choose to leave, no problems.

Balancing 1) Scrap rewards are too low. 2) Enemies are too difficult in the 2nd sector. I've only made it past here once. Way too many 4-shield juggernauts.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:22 am

Infinite Space is generally regarded as apretty tough mod. Some custom ship are more powerfull than vanilla ships, and better suited for IS. You might have more fun trying some.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:50 am

UltraMantis wrote:Infinite Space is generally regarded as apretty tough mod. Some custom ship are more powerfull than vanilla ships, and better suited for IS. You might have more fun trying some.

Yes, I quickly realized that I would need a stronger ship to play IS well, and made the ZPS Relativity in 15 minutes using superluminal, giving it advantages and disadvantages for my first real ftl story, and first time using IS.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:32 pm

I have not encountered a single weapon in a store, or gotten a single weapon or drone from an event.
DiRzee

Postby DiRzee » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:39 pm

Google Translate:
DrkTemplar, Hi. Great mod. But there are several problems:
1) Too high a level of complexity. Especially pirate flagship.
2) I think you forgot to add a few ships (FITCH_HYDRO_SHIP, FITCH_HYDRO_KIDNAPPER, etc.), which is why the game crashes.
Here's one idea I want to offer you: New event types - Attack civilian or cargo ships (pirate style game :twisted:)
And then when you are constantly attacking everything becomes uninteresting.
Somnolent49

Postby Somnolent49 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:54 pm

Just tried this mod out, and it's a lot of fun.

My only real complaint is a lack of difficulty.

I started with the federation cruiser, and while there was one fight early on which almost killed me (the first time I went up against a boss, which happened to be a battleship), once I upgraded my ship a little bit further every encounter began to become trivial. Now that I've killed a few bosses and upgraded my weapons to advanced versions, I can 1-shot everything I come across. (Ion bomb on helm, 2x +burst on shields, beam to cut across 4-5 rooms for 12-15 damage).

It'd be nice if there were some more powerful bosses to fight later on, or if the events scaled based off of the power of your ship.
DragonMaster2962

Postby DragonMaster2962 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:39 am

download without drones plus please, drones plus will just add duplicate drone types, cause i have another mod that adds ion drones and stuff like that