Game to have a pause button on the screen

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Angela2801

Game to have a pause button on the screen

Postby Angela2801 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:53 am

not going to pretend like this is an easy thing to do, or it just being a simple A, B, C process, but all I want is the game to have a pause button on the screen, so I can stream my game onto my phone and still be able to play it without it turning into a no-pause challenge. Is there any way of doing this?
CaptainC

Re: Game to have a pause button on the screen

Postby CaptainC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:41 pm

Hello! I'm sure this is very late now, but I believe that you deserve an answer. Modding capabilities for FTL are generally limited to a file called "ftl.dat," which contains all graphics, event data, ship data, weapons and augment values, and sounds. Everything outside of that, to my knowledge, is hard-coded into the game and cannot be modified. This means that we cannot add buttons, alien races, or any other functionality outside of what is given to us. Most mods that use seemingly custom weapons are just slightly altered versions of existing weapons with different values.

Even so, you are not without hope! I'm no computer expert, but if you can activate the pause button functionality on whatever you are "streaming" from, it should pause wherever you are streaming to. I don't know how to do that, but you can probably find a way. I don't know if you are ever going to get this message, but if you do I wish you good luck!
I am so thankful for the existence of hyperspace :)
If anyone wants crew sprites for a mod, let me know! I'll be happy to look into it for you, if I can.