[MOD][WIP] Hard-coded Modding Trial Version Released
Posted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:33 am
So, after being away a while, I decided I might as well release a trial version of my hard-coded changes. Demonstration is here: https://gfycat.com/dearestclosedogfish
This is only a trial version and does not contain all the changes. Here is the list of the changes in the trial version:
- Different UI.
- 300 health regardless of race.
- Special health regeneration system. Captain regenerates 3hp/second.
- Enemy Captains exist, they have 300 health and regenerate 3hp/second.
- Rockmen have 250 health, Crystals 200 and Zoltan 50. Other races have the same health for now.
-Mantis move speed at 220% instead of 120%
-Lanius move speed at 120% instead of 85%
-Mantis repair speed at 25% instead of 50%
-Engi repair speed at 400% instead of 200%
-Mantis damage at 200% instead of 150%
-Engi damage at 25% instead 50%
-Rockman move speed at 25% instead of 50%
-Crystal move speed at 50% instead of 80%
-Crystals now function the same as Lanius and Ghosts in an environment lacking oxygen. They do not lose health without it.
-Crystal lockdown ability now starts off fully charged (as it should have in the game in my opinion) and the lockdown timer has gone down from 50 seconds to 25.
-Crystal lockdown now leaves a permanent graphical effect. Crystals never disappear. Video showcase here: https://gfycat.com/boilingscarcekronosaurus
-Found the value for Ghost Transparency, changed it from 50% to 25%.
-[SPECIAL] Ghost max health at 300 instead of 50. Ghosts are not in the original game and are found in mods, so this won't affect an otherwise un-modded game.
- Red crew bars.
- Can turn of UI by pressing page down. You turn it back on by pressing page up.
- Captain has no outline to make him stand out.
- Crew have a vintage brown outline.
- Infinite crew size. I haven't removed the warning to dismiss crew yet, instead, you have to press escape every time you are on the crew screen.
- Infinite Battery time.
- Infinite Mind Control time but limited to only one mind control per battle.
- Infinite Augments, can only see 3. If you save and then load the game, only the ones you could see will stay.
- Shield drones charge Zoltan Shields up to 7
- Shield drones power 7 bars of Zoltan shields instead of 1
- Changed floor color, video showcase here: https://gfycat.com/shorttermvigorousivorygull
- Faction based race changes. The first one in the mod ( and only at the moment ) is this one: Federation have blue uniforms, rebels have black ones.
- New missile, scrap, fuel, drone part and repair mechanics. Hold TAB and press LMB ( you will have to press it a few times, it is a bit bugged right now ) to repair 5 hull for 20 scrap and 1 drone part. Press left SHIFT to turn 1 drone part into 3 scrap, and press left ALT to turn 1 missile into 1 fuel and 1 scrap.
- Captain regeneration is back, and now works for both enemy and friendly captains. It now works like this: Captain regenerates 3hp/second.
- All these mechanics have new sounds ( well, I used vanilla FTL sounds, but what I mean is, I will now be adding custom sounds to different things in the future )
Showcase of these new mechanics: https://gfycat.com/occasionalbackcygnet
- New sounds for the new mechanics
Instructions on use:
Run the exe alongside the game, that's it. UI toggle is page down for off, and page up for on, hold TAB and press/spam LMB to repair, press left SHIFT to turn drones into scrap, and finally, press left ALT to turn missiles into fuel and scrap.
If you encounter any problems with download link, let me know. Likewise, this is the trial version, I have some more (buggy) features in the version on my computer, so feedback is appreciated.
Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/10iuu3eepks4z ... d.EXE?dl=0