[Tool][v1.31] FTL Event Creator

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
gentasaurus

Re: [Tool][v1.1] FTL Event Creator

Postby gentasaurus » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:00 pm

bamalf wrote:
Gencool wrote:can we use <event load> to duplicate events in a list?

Yes, we can do it.

Thank you, I'll keep this in mind.
Image Image ImageImage
sul

Re: [Tool][v1.21] FTL Event Creator

Postby sul » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:46 pm

That software is an amazing idea ! Could really make life easier for modders.
gentasaurus

Re: [Tool][v1.21] FTL Event Creator

Postby gentasaurus » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:10 pm

sul wrote:That software is an amazing idea ! Could really make life easier for modders.

Thank you so much! :D
Image Image ImageImage
gentasaurus

Re: [Tool][v1.22] FTL Event Creator

Postby gentasaurus » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:44 am

Store added as a condition and quest functionality is now implemented. Big bug with required systems fixed.
Image Image ImageImage
gentasaurus

Re: [Tool][v1.23] FTL Event Creator

Postby gentasaurus » Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:41 am

Version 1.3 is planned for release this weekend, which will add system rewards and possibly more enemy ship features.
Unfortunately, the internet connection won't be very good for me until next weekend.
This could cause a up to a 5-day delay at worst. In the meantime, if anyone has any suggestions for new features, feel free to let me know.

edit: version 1.3 is now released with system modification, fleet pursuit modification and map reveal functionality, along with tons of crucial bug fixes. Refresh the page if you still see the old version.
Image Image ImageImage
elijahdb

Re: [Tool][v1.3] FTL Event Creator

Postby elijahdb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:06 pm

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you deeply for making this. It saves me so much time. Great job, and good luck with your future plans for this!
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
gentasaurus

Postby gentasaurus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:15 pm

elijahdb wrote:From the bottom of my heart, I thank you deeply for making this. It saves me so much time. Great job, and good luck with your future plans for this!

Thank you so much! I really hope you have no trouble using it :) let me know if you run into any problems. Enjoy!
Image Image ImageImage
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:29 pm

So, quick question, when I add a ship into the event, why does it say ship name and auto_blueprint at the bottom? I haven't run into this in FTL's events yet.
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
gentasaurus

Postby gentasaurus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:38 pm

elijahdb wrote:So, quick question, when I add a ship into the event, why does it say ship name and auto_blueprint at the bottom? I haven't run into this in FTL's events yet.

When FTL loads ships into events, it doesn't just call a ship blueprint. It summons what I call a scenario ship, which is defined by a ship blueprint as well as circumstances for when the ship is destroyed/the crew is killed. These ship scenarios are automatically generated by the editor alongside your event, and go inside the same file as the event.

edit: these scenarios also have names to identify them. You want the names to be unique so the scenario isn't called by another event accidently.
Last edited by gentasaurus on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image ImageImage
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:39 pm

Okay, thanks.