[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
boa13

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open sou

Postby boa13 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Since you posted this in two places, here's a copy of my reply:

boa13 wrote:Hey, please don't post your excessively big screenshot in several threads! :evil:

You totally misunderstood what was in the screenshot! There is no "two trojans". There is no trojan!

In your screenshot, there are two antivirus programs (Aquarius and Hydra OS X) that mistakenly think ftldat.exe is a trojan.

You will notice that Hydra PC is not fooled, along with eight other antivirus programs who are fine with ftldat.exe!
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 am

Thank you so much Splitstack!

I fixed the first bug, that'll be sorted in the next version

The second one seems harder to fix, after a bit of debugging, it seems like it happens when you move one of the rooms upwards (so the Y is at -1), causing the whole thing to get shifted down ingame (but not the background)
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:45 pm

Oh hey, the space distortion in the top-left couple of rows and columns will be fixed? Excellent. That's one of the quirks of FTLEdit I'd just kinda got used to, just having to move things further than it looks like the cursor will need to be. It'll be nice to have Euclidean geometry restored :)
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Skcarkden

Postby Skcarkden » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:46 am

Hi, i'm having issues with this mod.

I installed it, and each thing i try has no success, is there a tutorial to better explain how to install this for steam version?

because even installing that ftldat file doesn't work.

and each time i entered paths in the options it goes blank next time.

Am i supposed to actually do something to the mod when i literally finishes downloading? i simply launch the application in the list of its files right away, because i'm not very tech savy and when the instructions say to just open it, that's all i assume is to be done so i have no idea :S
Splitstack

Postby Splitstack » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:07 am

Skcarkden wrote:Hi, i'm having issues with this mod.

I installed it, and each thing i try has no success, is there a tutorial to better explain how to install this for steam version?

Am i supposed to actually do something to the mod when i literally finishes downloading? i simply launch the application in the list of its files right away, because i'm not very tech savy and when the instructions say to just open it, that's all i assume is to be done so i have no idea :S

I use the steam version.

First install the mod manager from here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2464
Run that once and install the scrap advantage mod that comes with it.
This will produce an unpacked version of the dat files which is what the ship editor needs access to.
Skcarkden

Postby Skcarkden » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:21 am

Splitstack wrote:
Skcarkden wrote:Hi, i'm having issues with this mod.

I use the steam version.

First install the mod manager from here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2464
Run that once and install the scrap advantage mod that comes with it.
This will produce an unpacked version of the dat files which is what the ship editor needs access to.

Oh, thank you for this info, i'll give it a try now. So wait... if i understand correctly, this mod on this thread assumes everyone has the mod you mentioned installed first? I don't know if i'm blind, but i swear i did not see any mention on any page or google result about needing a previous one for this one to work, so if so i think someone might need to add that to the front pages first to clear confusion :S
Skcarkden

Postby Skcarkden » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 am

Um... i'm wondering, how do i actually get to the save edit section? i can't seem to find it, this link shows the section i'm after, as this is where i learned of this mod for the save editing

Link which is what told me about this edit mod, but i can't find out how to get those options to show up http://geekparty.com/im-a-horrible-pers ... han-light/
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:36 am

Skcarkden wrote:Um... i'm wondering, how do i actually get to the save edit section? i can't seem to find it, this link shows the section i'm after, as this is where i learned of this mod for the save editing

Link which is what told me about this edit mod, but i can't find out how to get those options to show up http://geekparty.com/im-a-horrible-pers ... han-light/

Ha!
The author of that article has got things wrong. He's referring to "FTL save editor", but links to FTLEdit, which is a completely different utility.

I don't know where the save editor he's referring to is, but a quick Google suggests one of these two might work. Caution: I haven't tried either of the linked files, and it's only a wiki they're linked from - anyone could edit it, so be sure to virus scan them after downloading.

FTLEdit is a ship editor (as the title suggests). You use this to create your own mods consisting of different ships to play. (For example, I used it to create 18 new ships based on Starcraft units.) FTLEdit is not a mod itself, and it doesn't let you edit save games. Sorry.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Scootabuser

Postby Scootabuser » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:31 am

FTLEdit can't find the blueprint file.

Inside my resources folder I see data.dat and resource.dat. This is even after i have run GModmanager several times. What am I doing wrong?
Shrooblord

Postby Shrooblord » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:00 am

For editing save game files, refer to this:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5200
It's great because it's a simple Excel file. To enable macros (which you'll need to do to use it), open up the Excel Options, click Trust Centre,Trust Centre Settings and finally Macro Settings. I have mine set to Disable all macros with notification. This makes a small bar at the top of the file appear that gives you the option of enabling macros for this one file. Do that and it works.

And Darkfrost, you are amazing. From reading this thread, I'm loving what you've done already. Now to try it out myself. ;)