[TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.95 11th Jan] Open source!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Tassyr

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.91] (Updated 18th Dec

Postby Tassyr » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:05 am

Okay, I need some help. For some reason this ship makes the game crash out. I went in and edited manually after positioning the rooms, so the graphics wouldn't distort- and now it creates a runtime error and crashes. Can anyone figure out WHY? x.x

https://www.dropbox.com/s/in27ekpksw6ia ... -53-06.ftl
Jyggalag

Postby Jyggalag » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi
I have a problem trying to get started with FTLEdit.
I don't have ftldat installed nor do I really intend to except if it's neccesary.(but I have unpacked the .dat and resoucre)
When I locate the folders and clcik extract, a window quicly pops up and then disappears. (I'm sorry if you allready have explained this, but I just didn't feel like going through 30 forum pages.
Any help is much appriciated :)
Dugatee

Re: [TOOL]FTLEdit: FTL Ship editor [v0.91 18th Dec] Open sou

Postby Dugatee » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:17 am

I can't make a data.dat-unpacked folder, is there a way to use this without that?
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Jyggalag: If you've already got it unpacked, just set up the folder paths, the extract button is just for doing that automatically via ftlDat

Dugatree: Not really, you'll need to extract it as it relies on some of the data (e.g. the blueprints xml file) to know what weapons etc there are to choose from.
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Don't forget to share them too! :)
HeavyGuyFP

Postby HeavyGuyFP » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Hey there.
The other day I thought it'd be cool to make a custom ship.
So I tried and for whatever reason the ship's background was in the bottom-right of the screen rather than in the very centre.
So I tried modifying an existing ship and it happened again.
Now somehow I managed to get a modified ship working a few days ago but I can't for the life of me remember how.
It doesn't really effect how the mod works but it looks rather ugly with the ship in the corner and the floor floating in space.
If this has been answered, my bad, but I don't really want to ctrl+F on every single page.
Dugatee

Postby Dugatee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:20 pm

Darkfrost wrote:Dugatree:

Really?

OT: Well, crap.
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:42 pm

HeavyGuyFP: Make sure you're using the latest version, pretty sure I fixed that in the last one, if you had downloaded it more than a couple weeks ago

Dugatee: Sorry! :p That's what I get for replying manually instead of using the quote button I guess!
Love FTL? Wish you could fly around in the USS Enterprise, the Tardis, or a ship that looks just like your own face? Check out FTLEdit, a ship editor for FTL, so you can create your own custom ships and play them!
Litee

Postby Litee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:41 am

When i Change the Option it gives me this

Help?
Darkfrost

Postby Darkfrost » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:51 pm

When you change which option? To what value?

Also, can you expand that details window and paste in the full contents of it? I need that to see where the error actually is
Litee

Postby Litee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Darkfrost wrote:When you change which option? To what value?

Also, can you expand that details window and paste in the full contents of it? I need that to see where the error actually is

Im trying to Change The Number of engies on the Ship.