[MOD][WIP] Starcraft Total Conversion

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Tuesday

Re: [MOD][WIP] Starcraft Total Conversion

Postby Tuesday » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 pm

How did you get that interior piece?

EDIT: or did you just photoshop a bit of the head?
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:03 pm

Tuesday wrote:How did you get that interior piece?

EDIT: or did you just photoshop a bit of the head?

Photoshop for the win.

Edit: A better approach would be to pull a texture out of the... shit, I forget what the Blizzard archive files are called. But, yeah, take a texture out of the archive and use that.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Drasha

Postby Drasha » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:27 pm

Well if you are going to take realism into account its going to be rather hard to fit rooms on the wraith.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.
Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:35 pm

Drasha wrote:Well if you are going to take realism into account its going to be rather hard to fit rooms on the wraith.

I am not going for 'realism' necessarily, But it is just too blatant for the battlecruiser.
Darksiderq

Postby Darksiderq » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:48 am

AWESOME Keep up the work
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:46 pm

This looks a lot of fun. Some thoughts:

Only Protoss getting shields makes a lot of sense, although needs a lot of work to figure out how to make Terran and Zerg work. I find the Stealth cruiser insanely hard to use without shields.

I love the idea of Terran ships coming with System repair and Hull repair drones, renamed as SCVs (and MULEs, maybe). Wraith and Banshee getting cloak is a lovely counterpart here.

I think Zerg ships ought to have a way to heal naturally. Perhaps coming with the Repair Arm (renamed), to make them heal up whenever they get scrap, could end up feeling quite Zerg healing-like.

Crystal Vengeance feels a bit like Broodlings.
SC2Queen's Transfuse could feel like Hull Repair drone activation too.
Artillery Beam = Siege Tank Supporting Fire? :P
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Thanks

For the artillery I was thinking I would make it the yamato cannon.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:50 pm

alextfish wrote:This looks a lot of fun. Some thoughts:

Only Protoss getting shields makes a lot of sense, although needs a lot of work to figure out how to make Terran and Zerg work. I find the Stealth cruiser insanely hard to use without shields.

I love the idea of Terran ships coming with System repair and Hull repair drones, renamed as SCVs (and MULEs, maybe). Wraith and Banshee getting cloak is a lovely counterpart here.

I think Zerg ships ought to have a way to heal naturally. Perhaps coming with the Repair Arm (renamed), to make them heal up whenever they get scrap, could end up feeling quite Zerg healing-like.

Crystal Vengeance feels a bit like Broodlings.
SC2Queen's Transfuse could feel like Hull Repair drone activation too.
Artillery Beam = Siege Tank Supporting Fire? :P

I disagree. Terrans should come with a very low-level shield (they definitely have shielding technology, if not as advanced as that of the Protoss) on their ships (if nothing else, the Battlecruiser should start with level 1, the other s might find a 0.5 level shield adequate (like Zoltan B)

Protoss should start with level 2 or 1 depending on ship type, possibly also a variation on the Zoltan Shield.

Zerg should start without shielding entirely, though it's not a bad idea to give them the healing thing from the previous post.
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:59 pm

Terran shields are limited to the defensive matrix. The defensive matrix behaves like the Zoltan shield, not the shield system. I'm not saying Tuesday should necessarily implement it that way (though that is how I would do it, not looking at balance yet), but that is the most accurate representation of Terran shields possible in FTL atm.
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Tuesday

Postby Tuesday » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:16 am

I know its been quite some time since ive been on, but I just thought I'd tell everyone who may be waiting on this...

I will NOT be continuing this any longer, it would be great to see, and it was some fun working on it and hearing ideas people had for it. But I will no longer be working on this project, reason? Because I will be going into full-time game development soon, I want to get a release under my belt before I go off to college and maybe earn some money for it while im at it.

Thanks for the support, Live long and prosper, may the forces be with you, and other famous Sci-fi quotes.