[Reskins] Disc10's archive of sprites (IMAGE HEAVY)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Disc10

[Reskins] Disc10's archive of sprites (IMAGE HEAVY)

Postby Disc10 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:38 am

First of all, hello there! After playing the game since it's steam launch I've absolutely fallen in love with it, so I thought it was about time I joined the forums really.

Now, being a person who likes to draw I was overjoyed to find how easy it is to re-skin ships, so I've been tinkering with that. Currently new ship layouts are beyond me, since coding is like black magic to my mind, but I thought I'd share any re-skins or new ships designs I created for your viewing and using pleasure.

The Eldritch - Kestral A Re-skin
The mysterious ship known only as The Eldritch sits in a dark corner of the hanger. No one bar it's crew will go near it, claiming "the damned ship is cursed", and they'd be right. This ship has been sent out to die many, many times, and it's crew with it. The Eldritch is the first to be sent on hopeless missions that no other crew will take, for death is no match for this ship, nor the crew aboard.

Spooky. This ship was my first re-skin attempt. Nothing complicated here, just a re-colour, some glowing effects and text. I kept using "The Eldritch" and the same crew and figured I'd have a funky explanation as to why (if only for my own amusement).

Ship base:

Gibs:
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Shield and cloak:
Image Image

Floor plan:

This doesn't seem to work in game, but I've yet to find the cause. I can't see any other floor plan images that'd replace it, so heck knows what's going on there.

In-game shots:
I must update this one, since I've fixed some graphical errors since (the orange glow around the engines and antenna namely)

---------------------

And that's it for now! I will be sure to post more re-skins and hopefully some new ship designs in the future.