Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
The_Bear

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby The_Bear » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:00 pm

I found out how to resize ships from FTL so you can have the same room layout.

1) Open the ship image in GIMP or another program where you can resize images.

2) Right click on the image, click on image and scale image. (This part might be different if you are using another program)

3) Now you can see and edit width and height. Take one of the numbers and divide it by 100 and multiply it by 137,142857.

4) replace the original number with the one you got now, the other number should automatically be changed.

5) Click scale and you are done, now you just need to add the rooms in shipeditor.
Gencool

Postby Gencool » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:37 pm

Crikey.

Just dropping in to say I love the new design. Beautifully clean.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:49 pm

xNxExOx wrote:When I see the new GUI, I get an idea that should be easy to implement and solve the problem of priority repair hull / repair system extinguish fire.
When player enter the room, where are multiple options the game will select the last used option and show new buttons around character(. or at the bottom of screen is now enough empty space), these buttons will allow player to select another action based on situation.
If there is hole in the hull I do NOT need to extinguish fire and I can repair system first.

For now there will be no options to change the default actions.
We'll see if there's any need in it and add it if the need is there indeed.

xNxExOx wrote:The new GUI look good, when we can expect it? Just guess, not exact date. Weeks / Months?

Well this image is just a concept design not a final one.
I will only add the parts that are necessary for the new mouse controls - buttons to open the systems screen and buttons to toggle the character combat mode.
Which shouldn't take too long I think - I would say rather weeks than months ;)
The full interface overhaul will be done only after the final submarine version is finished.

xNxExOx wrote:P.S.
If I can have another request, plese can you add some GUI scaling for bigger monitors?
It is all very small on 4K monitor.

I have this planned, but not actual date is set for working on this.
For now I can only suggest to try the fullscreen option - If I'm not mistaking it should stretch all the images.

zooperz wrote:I am worried about accidentally clicking off-ship; making you walk out of an airlock. FTL didn't let you leave the ship (which is stupid, EVA is a much better idea). Maybe make it so if you click off-ship you only go to the airlock, and then you have to click off ship again to prevent accidents? Just thinking about those with butter-fingers( and don't want to stop eating them to play the game :P) Some kind of off- ship confirmation would be nice, IMO

I've set it so that moving is done with a right click for now.
We'll see if there are any problems later on.
Thought there was an idea of making the airlock door only openable manually, but it was more related to me being stuck at fixing the pathfinding algorithm for players and mobs for quite a long time.
Fortunately I've managed to fix it so it's no longer needed. :D

Chickengames wrote:I like the new GUI. Can you tell us who the artist is?

You don't know him :) (yet ;))

Chickengames wrote:How much are you going to have to redesign?

Around 95% of the stuff :lol:

jrb00001 wrote:Did anybody read the name of the ship? If that doesn't change, the story might be based on Star Control 2?

Nah it's just a Lorem ipsum :)

Gencool wrote:Crikey.
Just dropping in to say I love the new design. Beautifully clean.

That's what happens when you have an actuall artist working on the art :mrgreen:
xNxExOx

Postby xNxExOx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:00 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:...
I have this planned, but not actual date is set for working on this.
For now I can only suggest to try the fullscreen option - If I'm not mistaking it should stretch all the images.
No fullscreen is even worse mouse is locked in top left part of the screen and it look like it scale mouse space to screen space a weird way.
Different cursor rendering should solve this probably.
I hope this will be solved rather sooner than later.

If you send me mouse rendering code may be I will be able to solve this.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:23 pm

xNxExOx wrote:No fullscreen is even worse mouse is locked in top left part of the screen and it look like it scale mouse space to screen space a weird way.
Different cursor rendering should solve this probably.
I hope this will be solved rather sooner than later.

If you send me mouse rendering code may be I will be able to solve this.

There is no mouse rendering code.
Can you please provide a screenshot of the problem that you get?
xNxExOx

Postby xNxExOx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:07 pm

ImageImage
The left image is from phone. The right is PrtScn. Both Images are at almost same time.
The mouse is visible only on the left image and is as far as possible to right and down.
When I look to right image it is much more clear to me whats happening, because game run not fullscreen but fake fullscreen (borderless windowed) windows scaling (150%) apply and game not respect it.
Temporary solution is to modify javaw.exe´s manifest from: "<dpiAware>true</dpiAware>" to "<dpiAware>false</dpiAware>".
But GUI scaling as in game option should be better.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:17 pm

I got a few questions and requests.
1) When will the scan sector event type be added?
2) Can you make it so its possible to decide what sensor level you need for the event to work?
3) Can you make it so its possible for events to only start when a special ship/asteroid/something else is in the system?
4) Is it possible for an event to remove an asteroid/ship and replace it with something else, if not can you add it?
5) I had another question but I forgot it so instead I will say you should add my guide to resize FTL ships to have the same room layout to your signature so if someone wants to do this they can find it.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:28 pm

xNxExOx wrote:The left image is from phone. The right is PrtScn. Both Images are at almost same time.
The mouse is visible only on the left image and is as far as possible to right and down.
When I look to right image it is much more clear to me whats happening, because game run not fullscreen but fake fullscreen (borderless windowed) windows scaling (150%) apply and game not respect it.
Temporary solution is to modify javaw.exe´s manifest from: "<dpiAware>true</dpiAware>" to "<dpiAware>false</dpiAware>".
But GUI scaling as in game option should be better.

Well this looks really weird.
When I test it on my laptop - the fulscreen option seems to work fine.
Then again I do have a newer version, though I don't remember doing any changes related to scaling.
We'll see if the problem remains after the next release.
Also can you pls post the exact resolution that you're using?
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:06 pm

The_Bear wrote:I got a few questions and requests.
1) When will the scan sector event type be added?

Can't really say. I wanted to implement it a long time ago.
Just can't seem to get to start working on it.
Don't want to make any false promises.

2) Can you make it so its possible to decide what sensor level you need for the event to work?

You can add a condition for a specific system to be present on the ship.
But not the specific level of that system.

3) Can you make it so its possible for events to only start when a special ship/asteroid/something else is in the system?

Try using this condition <condition type="SECTOR_SHIPS_PRESENT">

4) Is it possible for an event to remove an asteroid/ship and replace it with something else, if not can you add it?

To spawn in a ship/station/asteroid you can use the event type="SPAWN_SHIP"
Though there's no actual event right now to simply remove something.
I'll add it to my todo list.
For now you can try perhaps to simply destroy that ship that you no longer need with event type="MODIFY_SHIP" and the event_param take_hull

5) I had another question but I forgot it so instead I will say you should add my guide to resize FTL ships to have the same room layout to your signature so if someone wants to do this they can find it.

I don't want to overload the first post - can you please add it to the wiki instead?
xNxExOx

Postby xNxExOx » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:50 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:...
Well this looks really weird.
When I test it on my laptop - the fulscreen option seems to work fine.
Then again I do have a newer version, though I don't remember doing any changes related to scaling.
We'll see if the problem remains after the next release.
Also can you pls post the exact resolution that you're using?

My resolution is 3840x2160px. On 23.6" monitor, so desktop scaling is really needed, at least 150%.
But I do not think the resolution is the problem, Microsoft fuc.... Windows DPI scaling is.
Based on SuperUser post I think it is known issue, and will not be fixed, because it need to be set to true for applications that want to use it.
Because Microsoft only "respect" one run-time (.net), everything other is directly run application(or file that is "opened" by application) that need to be DPI avare or not.