Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
MikieRpg

Re: Hurray! Another multiplayer clone project. :)

Postby MikieRpg » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:25 pm

The_Bear wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:I made a ship layout, and put it in the server side models folder, does that only work if its in my server,(I'm asking that if i put something, like a ship, into the server folder that if it affects the spaceteam server) or do i need to send it to you. Either way here is the ship model download if you want to add it. -\ :D /-

whatever you feel like XD.
I'm probably going to add 2 more(names Venice, and Athens Check my mods for pictures if you want XD)(P.S Venice isn't out yet for standard FTL, debugging it currently)
BlueJay Ship Model: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t6menn0esxmbf1t/BLUEJAY.shp

The client needs the image and some other stuff for it to work properly.

What do you mean by that? I have the image in my client folder and in the server folder, but i need jrb, or spektor to add it right?(unless i host my own server(Which my computer would probably blow up if i tried))
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:31 pm

MikieRpg wrote:What do you mean by that? I have the image in my client folder and in the server folder, but i need jrb, or spektor to add it right?(unless i host my own server(Which my computer would probably blow up if i tried))

If your ships use images(ship and icon) from the default pack, then you can give the model file to jrb and he can add it to the server.
If you use custom images then you need to give me the images and the model file, and I will add it to the default pack in the next update.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 pm

kcd.Spektor wrote:If your ships use images(ship and icon) from the default pack, then you can give the model file to jrb and he can add it to the server.
If you use custom images then you need to give me the images and the model file, and I will add it to the default pack in the next update.

Ok yeah the download i put is for the bluejay.shp it is a custom one, but i don't have custom ship icon. if anyone wants to make it feel free, i suck with editing software :oops: :mrgreen:
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:08 pm

MikieRpg wrote:Ok yeah the download i put is for the bluejay.shp it is a custom one, but i don't have custom ship icon. if anyone wants to make it feel free, i suck with editing software :oops: :mrgreen:

Just read my tutorials, I've described an easy way to do aship icon there.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:31 pm

To add to my clocking idea: There could be a battle cloaking system that works like cloaking in FTL.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:53 pm

Another Picture From the Shipyard by NarnKar
Might be a good Cyborg Ship?
I believe i read something in this thread about NarnKar wanting to ask permission to use it but idk for sure, but he seems to be pretty active so he'll probably notice this XD

Also for the cloaking, i think you could go invisible indefinitely, or maybe we can add a fuel system and it can consume fuel over time.
You would have to uncloak to fire, and the recloak sequence could then take a certain amount of time(Maybe a min for level 1, 45 seconds for level 2 and 30 for lvl 3?)
that way you can have things like cloak scouts that go ahead of a fleet to scan the sector.(Maybe if you have a high enough sensor you can detect cloak ships and attack them?)
of course these are all ideas and such XD
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:15 pm

MikieRpg wrote:(Maybe if you have a high enough sensor you can detect cloak ships and attack them?)

NO. I need an undetectable ship for secret stuff.
kcd.Spektor

Postby kcd.Spektor » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:57 am

The_Bear wrote:
MikieRpg wrote:(Maybe if you have a high enough sensor you can detect cloak ships and attack them?)

NO. I need an undetectable ship for secret stuff.

God ideas, perhaps cloaking will require some consumable stuff, and while you are cloaked your weapons don't work and loose charge.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:29 am

MikieRpg wrote:Another Picture From the Shipyard by NarnKar
Might be a good Cyborg Ship?

That ship reminds me of the Somtaaw Carrier from Homeworld: Cataclysm.
The_Bear

Postby The_Bear » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Could you make it so you can't use weapons at spawn or something like that. I can't have ships at spawn without someone destroying it.