[MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Whale Cancer

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Overdrive

Postby Whale Cancer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Just want to give some moral support to this project! Great job so far guys! :D

Wish I could do more than cheerlead, but my ability to program in any variation of C is limited to command line programs (and I haven't even written one of those in maybe half a decade).
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Nazerath

Postby Nazerath » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi. I was checking out your post and I noticed you mentioned needing a logo? I am a Graphic designer (or working on becoming one ;) ), I wouldn't mind helping out. If you could email me at jackienealbaker@gmail.com and give me some ideas of what your looking for. Colors you like, content, size, etc.
Davesoft

Postby Davesoft » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:25 am

Eager .Net programmer and Build/Deploy expert here!
I'm trying to get Visual Studio 2012 on my machine, then I'll see what I can do.
I got it running on a laptop but without the FTL assets it wasn't gonna do anything.

I'm very new to github though, any good method of getting visual studio and github to mesh nicely like vss? :)
icepick

Postby icepick » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:10 am

Any plans on getting this on linux?
gigimoi

Postby gigimoi » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 am

> Any plans on getting this on linux?

Yes, there will be, at minimum, a Debian package and Linux binaries.
thomasfn

Postby thomasfn » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Davesoft wrote:I'm very new to github though, any good method of getting visual studio and github to mesh nicely like vss? :)

I just use TortoiseGIT, it doesn't plugin to VS or anything but you don't really need that - once you make an edit and want to commit, just tab out to windows explorer and right click -> push.

Nazerath wrote:Hi. I was checking out your post and I noticed you mentioned needing a logo? I am a Graphic designer (or working on becoming one ;) ), I wouldn't mind helping out. If you could email me at jackienealbaker@gmail.com and give me some ideas of what your looking for. Colors you like, content, size, etc.

I don't really have any ideas as such (other than the crappy one I made in 5 minutes for the OP) so maybe you can just experiment with ideas until you get something that looks good ;)
DiEvAl

Postby DiEvAl » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:55 pm

Added pages to ship selection screen. Tried implementing 9-patch. Rage-quited because many textures have hexagons in the background that can neither be stretched nor tiled. Like this one:
There are 4 layers, and each has different hexes.

EDIT: Did some refactoring.
DiEvAl

Postby DiEvAl » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:05 pm

Added ship descriptions:

EDIT: ... and B layouts:

EDIT2: Noticed that Kestral B had wrong name. Fixed. Too lazy to update the screenshot ;-)
daysanew

Postby daysanew » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 am

I have a bit of C# experience (though professionally I do interface and integration development in a total different language) and am interested in helping out. I've never done much game programming so I have a bit of learning to do in that aspect.

I was checking out the project earlier but am having trouble getting it to compile (it's having problems reading the file path to the game directory). I'll mess around with it some more tomorrow.

Anyway if you're still looking for some help and have a few easier task (or bugs) to help me get my feet wet just let send me an email. Thank!
DiEvAl

Postby DiEvAl » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:56 am

You may need to edit the config file. I think it's in Debug folder.