NarnKar's Nonsense

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
NarnKar

NarnKar's Nonsense

Postby NarnKar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:52 am

Just a thread for me to ramble about modding ideas/things.
Last edited by NarnKar on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N

Re: [TC][WIP] The Stars are Beautiful

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:56 am

Is this a thread for ideas of overhaul mods or a thread for overhauls that are WIP atm or both?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:16 pm

(Title undecided, posted here because why not)
Replace all ships with boats. Backgrounds are now water. Cloaking lasts longer but cannot be bought, instead being present on specific ships (submarines) that are otherwise easier to destroy. Beams are lasers, lasers are cannons, and drones are either drones or VTOLs. Rebel Flagship is some kind of battleship/dreadnought. Various enemies (corvette, cruiser, destroyer, patrol boat formation, aircraft carrier, submarine, sub-carrier, etc)
Last edited by steamtex on Thu Jul 23, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:42 pm

@Steamtex

Er, what would've been my Total Conversion...

I realize now that this is kind of a silly thread idea though. Too bad there's no way to delete threads after they've been made. Whoops.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Well there is a way to delete your own topics. Everyone else just has to agree to delete their posts all the way back to the OP. Then you can delete it. But it's rather too late now isn't it? :D
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:34 pm

still have no idea what this thread is meant to be for @~@
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:42 pm

We could just call it open to interpretation.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:04 pm

Well, this is already quite dead, but if you give me a description for some weapons I'll make it happen, Narn.
NarnKar

Re: NarnKar's Nonsense

Postby NarnKar » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:09 pm

The Total Conversion/total overhaul I was thinking of making (but lacked the expertise to make) was going to be from the Rebellion point of view, just after the destruction of the Flagship and defeat of the Rebel Army. The Rebels, although with superior tech and firepower, were always a ragtag bunch full of different motivations, only held together by mutual hatred of the Federation. Perhaps the Rebellion was started by human supremacists--but not every member of the Rebellion was a bigot.

Some were simply berserkers and mercenaries, the "blood knight" archetype: soldiers who loved fighting, but needed a war to fight. Others were only in it for the money, or simply to be on the winning side when the dust settled -- the Federation looked like it was on its way out, so might as well join with the winners to avoid trouble in the future, right? You could make a pretty penny off fighting too.

And maybe even the human supremacists had their personal reasons for being that way. Maybe there were those who felt a "white man's burden", or the sci-fi equivalent, and they wanted to end the "violent traditions" of Rockmen and Mantis. And, following the bloody Human-Mantis war, perhaps the veterans of the conflict weren't paid enough to compensate for the sheer violence of the war; perhaps some wanted revenge on the Mantis, rather than cautious acceptance into the Federation.

(EDIT: have some links: [1] [2])

So when Rebellion Command and the mighty Flagship fell, the only thing holding the rebellion together fell apart as well. Federation forces quickly prevailed, rounding up all the remaining Rebellion soldiers. The highest offenders were either executed or placed in maximum-security prisons in Federation sectors. But a majority of them, who were simply misguided and caught up in the heat of war--it would be wrong to kill them all. Noncombatants, such as medical staff and scientists, were let go after paying fines and such. But given the sheer number of people who actually fought in the Rebellion, no prison could hold all of them successfully. Thus, the Federation exiled them to the furthest reaches of space, with no chance of making it back to the coreworlds...

Well, almost no chance.

This is where my overhaul mod would begin.
Last edited by NarnKar on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
Chrono Vortex

Re: NarnKar's Nonsense

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:40 am

NarnKar wrote:So a Total Conversion/total overhaul I was thinking of making (but lacked the expertise to make) was going to be from the Rebellion point of view, just after the destruction of the Flagship and defeat of the Rebel Army.

Seems interesting. If you think you don't have the expertise something like this would take I'm sure there's some people who would be willing to collaborate with you, total conversions are rarely make by a single person.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage