Page 1 of 1

Battlestars Rising

Posted: Thu May 14, 2015 4:57 am
by StarFoxMaster64
Hello everyone! I am currently developing a fun mod called "FTL: Battlestars Rising" a FTL mod where the Ancient Battlestars are discovered and reused by the Federation Fleet.

Below are screenshots, they are meant to be very large and like the actual Battlestars are not able to carry shields but are a bit more heavily armored. The stats are currently unconfirmed, I will be also linking screenshots. My goal is to be done by End of May/Beginning of June(would be sooner but finals are coming up). I know Battlestar Galactica has been done before but this is my first major mod and I wanted to do this series check out the screenshot links below.


Screenshot Links:
Battlestar Pegasus: Assault Battlestar

Battlestar Galactica: Command/Defense Battlestar

Battlestar Valkyrie: Multirole Battlestar

Check out the website for additional info
Website

Features:
3 reskinned ships that look like Battlestars from the 2004 TV show.

Different Stats than original Kestrel.

Future updates after ship release are to be determined at this time.

Other Comments
I would really appreciate some suggestions/questions/comments/etc to help improve this since this is my first major mod.

Battlestar Galactica is owned by Syfy and Universal Studios.

I am really looking forward to how it turns out in the end :)

Regards,
StarFoxMaster64

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:15 pm
by stargateprovider
All of the ships are really overpowered, even without shields. I think you could lower the number of drone slots, 2 or 3 is enough for a ship. And you could probably remove some of the doors, there are way too much doors. Some of the room images overlap and look a little strange.

Incase you want the ships to remain OP, then I would suggest to change the game's events so that the enemies you encounter are also much stronger, otherwise the game would be too easy.

I like the way the rooms are laid out on the ships though. It looks pretty nice ;)

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 2:33 pm
by theDoomBox
I like all the doors...
But yeah, what he said.

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Sat May 16, 2015 4:52 pm
by StarFoxMaster64
stargateprovider wrote:All of the ships are really overpowered, even without shields. I think you could lower the number of drone slots, 2 or 3 is enough for a ship. And you could probably remove some of the doors, there are way too much doors. Some of the room images overlap and look a little strange.


In terms of rebalancing that's going to be fixed. Actually the main reason the stats are currently over powered is for testing reasons. Once I get all the animations and as you said, once I get all the rooms looking nice I will then be lowering the stats to make things much more balanced. As for armor, like the actual Battlestars they won't have shields but will be a bit more armored. There is a shield animation in there though so the drones detect the ship correctly :)

Thank you for the feedback, I have gladly noted all of it as I continue to develop and polish this project :)

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:16 pm
by StarFoxMaster64
Battlestars rising is now live and open to all! You can download from my website!
Download Page

Must have latest version of FTL and a mod manager more info on web page.

If you find any bugs, have comments, or suggestions feel free to post here or the contact form on web page. I will gladly respond as soon as possible.

Do enjoy and please give feedback I really would appreciate it :)

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:36 pm
by Greek Fire
StarFoxMaster64 wrote:Battlestars rising is now live and open to all! You can download from my website!
Download Page

Must have latest version of FTL and a mod manager more info on web page.

If you find any bugs, have comments, or suggestions feel free to post here or the contact form on web page. I will gladly respond as soon as possible.

Do enjoy and please give feedback I really would appreciate it :)


Look like the download page is unreachable, is there another place I can download this mod?

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm
by CaptnDale
Where is your mod?

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:44 pm
by CaptnDale
Please get a new page up or please get the file put up

Re: Battlestars Rising

Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:22 am
by Elijah92
StarFoxMaster64 wrote:Hello everyone! I am currently developing a fun mod called "FTL: Battlestars Rising" a FTL mod where the Ancient Battlestars are discovered and reused by the Federation Fleet.

Below are screenshots, they are meant to be very large and like the actual Battlestars are not able to carry shields but are a bit more heavily armored. The stats are currently unconfirmed, I will be also linking screenshots. My goal is to be done by End of May/Beginning of June(would be sooner but finals are coming up). I know Battlestar Galactica has been done before but this is my first major mod and I wanted to do this series check out the screenshot links below.



download page is unreachable....