[SHIP MOD] Stealth Cruiser --> COULD ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE?

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
superarmandbros

[SHIP MOD] Stealth Cruiser --> COULD ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE?

Postby superarmandbros » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:34 pm

CASE CLOSED AND RESOLVED

Hi.

I'm making a mod, and I haven't given it a name yet. So for the moment, let's call it Stealth.
It is supposed to be a Stealth version of the Kestrel, coloured in Black and Grey. All WAS working until one day the game crashed each time I pressed New Game, and Superliminal 2 could not load it. I checked the editor-log and it said that it could not find the file in data called Stealth.txt . BUT IT IS THERE. Also, I checked the file Stealth.txt, and all seems fine. But the game still crashes. Could somebody please reply to me asap and help me figure out why my ship mod has issues being loaded. Thank you so much :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqm77m3lpk4w9ds/Stealth%20KESTREL%20%21%21.ftl?dl=0

Kind regards,

Armand
Last edited by superarmandbros on Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rannl

Re: [SHIP MOD] Stealth Cruiser --> COULD ANYBODY HELP ME PLE

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:22 pm

Hey Armand,
I've tried opening your mod with Superluminal after changing the names of the Stealth.xml and Stealth.txt to lower case stealth.xml and stealth.txt. This worked.

I then resaved your ship using Superluminal to a new .ftl file, and was able to open it in game after patching it in using SMM.

So make sure your ship file names are always lower case, without capitals.
Also it seems like your ship is not aligned properly (appeared in the hanger closer to the left and upper then the center). Your room images are also not compatible with the room sizes and doors.
I like the hull color very much, it looks like a Nesasio recoloring for the kestral.
Nice job!
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:40 pm

Thank you so much for the help, but Superliminal still won't load my ship, even though I changed Stealth.xml and Stealth.txt to lowercase.
Here is the log:

Code: Select all

21:34:45.462 [AppKit Thread] WARN  com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog - An error has occured while loading PLAYER_SHIP_HARD: java.io.FileNotFoundException: TXT layout file could not be found in game's archives: data/Stealth.txt
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.utils.ShipLoadUtils.loadShipXML(ShipLoadUtils.java:94)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.ui.ShipLoaderDialog$5.widgetSelected(ShipLoaderDialog.java:264)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Unknown Source)
   at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.kartoflane.superluminal2.Superluminal.main(Superluminal.java:294)

I did the changes but Superliminal doesn't accept them. Maybe it has something to do with SMM.

Any ideas?
(the download link is the same but with the changes added to it)

Kind regards,

Armand
rannl

Postby rannl » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:17 pm

your .ftl file is not in the correct format:
You have a directory named stealth kestrel !! containing the data and img directories.
You should only have the data and img directories without the stealth kestrel !! folder - i moved the dirs from the folder and removed it, and was able to open the .ftl file in superluminal. I could not patch it successfully with smm, but after i opened your ship in superluminal and resaved it as a new .ftl file, i got smm to patch in the new .ftl with your ship.

here is a link to your resaved .ftl file which was ok :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pxv71d93u22a92a/stealthKestral.ftl
superarmandbros

Postby superarmandbros » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:51 pm

Thanks Rann!

I managed to fix the problem and configure the in-game issues! :D
Thank you so much for uploading my ship to mediafire so I could download it.
My mod will be released soon to everyone. But for the moment, would you like to be the first to receive an early access copy? If you want, you can even review it to tell me what needs improving and balancing.
Once again, thank you. :)

Kind regards,

Armand

rannl

Postby rannl » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:30 pm

This is a very nice ship configuration. The extremly powerfull boarding drone assault is balanced out by the lack of weapons and defensive drones.
The colors are very nice, as I mentioned before.

The only issue is that the ship is slightly off center when compared to the other kestrals in the hanger.
You can just reopen an exiting, centered kestral, recreate the layout and room configuration on it, save it as a new .ftl file.

Well done.