[MOD][WIP] FTL: Ultimate Edition

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Panic360

[MOD][WIP] FTL: Ultimate Edition

Postby Panic360 » Sat May 31, 2014 8:33 pm

Upon release of FTL: Advanced Edition, there were a total of 50 ingame weapons.

FTL: Ultimate Edition has a planned total of 90.

This mod is in the early stages of writing, so don't expect a working beta copy for several weeks/months. An important note will be that this mod will require Advanced Edition enabled to run correctly.

Just a few quick teasers for weapons to be added:
A beam with partial/complete shield piercing
A missile that cloaks to evade defense drones
A beam that deals system damage only
A laser that can do five damage, with a breach, for only 2 power, but that cannot damage systems
A swarm-style missile launcher with incendiary properties
A bomb that can one-shot crew members, but with a long cooldown
A reconnaissance bomb with a 60 second fuse, useful in nebulae
A charging flak gun with up to 9 shots

Oh, and one more thing. If all 40 new weapons are a bit too much for you, there will be several Lite editions of the mod. Please share any thoughts you may have on this.

Thanks

A massive weapon expansion for FTL: Advanced Edition
R4V3-0N

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Ultimate Edition

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat May 31, 2014 9:38 pm

So this is similar to Advance Edition but a continuation of it's weapons and some original concepts? nice.

How ever I am upset, yet again, someone is doing something before me (the recon bomb thing). Damn it :lol: :evil:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat May 31, 2014 9:58 pm

A LOT of these weapons already exist in some form or another in Captain's Edition, but I am still interested in seeing what you can come up with.

The recon "bomb" would be an interesting gimmick weapon like the recon drone in Captain's Edition, I think the fuse should be a bit longer than a minute though, it should last basically the entire match.

The Anti-Crew one shot bomb sounds extremely scary. :twisted:
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:12 pm

Panic360 wrote:A charging flak gun with up to 9 shots

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24615#p77786

Sorry, but that won't work right now. Well, it will work, but not as intended. It might be able to in a future FTL patch, but I wouldn't expect that anytime soon.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
featherwings

Postby featherwings » Sat May 31, 2014 10:35 pm

Good luck! Are you planning on doing art as well?

Also, I'll save you some trouble:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:42 am

Looks promising, but maybe differentiate it? FTL: Ultimate Edition sounds a bit misleading for a weapon mod.
Panic360

Postby Panic360 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:02 pm

RAD-82 wrote:
Panic360 wrote:A charging flak gun with up to 9 shots

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=24615#p77786

Sorry, but that won't work right now. Well, it will work, but not as intended. It might be able to in a future FTL patch, but I wouldn't expect that anytime soon.

Hmm... I was worried about this weapon not working, but not for that reason. Thanks for the tip.

featherwings wrote:Good luck! Are you planning on doing art as well?

Hopefully all weapons will have their own custom animations and the like, but some of the AE weapon tags (e.g. charge and boost) are a little confusing when it comes to animations. If anyone knows anyone who may be of help in the matter, I'd love some help there. Also anyone willing to help me do the art and animations themselves is welcome to message me.
Russian Rockman wrote:A LOT of these weapons already exist in some form or another in Captain's Edition, but I am still interested in seeing what you can come up with.

The recon "bomb" would be an interesting gimmick weapon like the recon drone in Captain's Edition, I think the fuse should be a bit longer than a minute though, it should last basically the entire match.

The Anti-Crew one shot bomb sounds extremely scary. :twisted:

I am aware that Captains Edition is a more overhaul style mod and that it does contain some of these types of weapons, but my list was only scratching the surface. Plus, several Lite editions of the mod should make it easier for people to decide exactly what aspect of the weapons systems they want to be boosted.

I can also honestly say that I have not plaugarised CE in any way. The weapon concepts may be similar, but this is simply because there are only so many possible weapons overall in FTL. The name is based on AE, not CE.

R4V3-0N wrote:So this is similar to Advance Edition but a continuation of it's weapons and some original concepts? nice.

How ever I am upset, yet again, someone is doing something before me (the recon bomb thing). Damn it :lol: :evil:

Thanks for the support, R4V3-0N. It really helps to know people are supporting my work.

Please keep the feedback coming, I will check as often as I can. Exams at the moment mean I won't be coding until the summertime, but I have currently planned and designed 36 weapons.

A few more weapons to look out for:
A five shot ion misslie launcher with area targeting
A fast firing laser that deals no hull damage
A crystal burst weapon with area targeting that lockdowns any room it hits
A flak gun loaded with molten metal that partially pierces shields and ignites fires
A missile weapon that does not consume missiles!

An additional note: This mod will be FULLY COMPATIBLE with any other mod you'd care to mention (Though I wouldn't mix the full version with Captains edition unless you fancy never finding any vanilla weapons in stores :D

A full list of weapons will be out shortly. Thanks for your support!

Also in regards to your point Anthonest, Ultimate Edition was designed first and foremost as a mass expansion to AE. The new charge tag in AE was only used four times, and the chain tag only thrice. This seemed like a huge waste of the new mechanics to me, so this mod was my way of trying to expand on that. I decided to share it with the community and I was amazed by how fast it was replied to. I apologise if the name does not seem to fit for you, but hope this has cleared things up a little. If you have any better names you want to share, then please don't hesitate to tell me.

I hope to bring you as best a mod as I am able to, as soon as I am able to.

Cheers, Panic

R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:00 pm

Anthonest wrote:Looks promising, but maybe differentiate it? FTL: Ultimate Edition sounds a bit misleading for a weapon mod.

"A massive weapon expansion for FTL: Advanced Edition"

I do not know why it may sound like a weapon expansion, maybe it has nothing to do with his signature. :?:
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:48 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:
Anthonest wrote:Looks promising, but maybe differentiate it? FTL: Ultimate Edition sounds a bit misleading for a weapon mod.

I do not know why it may sound like a weapon expansion, maybe it has nothing to do with his signature. :?:

...Im talking about the title. Thats what draws people in.
Panic360

Postby Panic360 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:54 pm

Anthonest wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:

...Im talking about the title. Thats what draws people in.

Sorry. I'm not too great at titling mods. Or anything for that matter