[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Krissy

Re: [Tool] Superluminal2 beta 9

Postby Krissy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:55 pm

I too have noticed an issue with shields not being visible in game. This is only happening for ships that have been saved with this editor.

When I reloaded the ship I found that the link to the shield image is missing. And when saving (a different and unmodified ship, which shows a shield link) as a resource file I find that there is no shield image in the folder along with the other images.

I believe that some part of the coding that handles the saving of the images has accidentally been removed for shields. I've only seen it happen with shields.

(although I admit I know little to nothing of coding and have only been working with this for a few hours.)

I'd just play without the image... but seeing your shields is kinda important.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:57 pm

Duh. Already found the error, it was a really dumb one. Thanks for pointing it out!
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:18 pm

You're welcome. Glad to help in whatever little way I can.

As I said before, I don't really know anything about modding, and I want to create a Lanis ship which starts with only Lanis crew and no oxygen systems... But I want you to be able to buy them from stores like other missing systems on some ships, say sensors or doors. If anyone knows how to do that (without getting a mod that adds a bunch of other things in addition) I'd love to know. I guess in the mean time I'll just leave them on the ship.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:37 pm

Well, the oxygen system has default rarity of 1, so the player will be able to buy it at stores (it'll appear very often, however). So the only thing you need to do is make the oxygen system unavailable at the start for your ship.

It becomes slightly trickier if you want to make the oxygen system less common -- though only slightly.
You'd need to forego the editor, whip out your trusty Notepad (or your favourite text editing program) and delve into the xml files themselves; find the <systemBlueprint> for oxygen, and change its rarity to anywhere from 1 to 5, where 1 is common and 5 is very rare, and 0 meaning that the object will never show up in game via random means.

Most of these topics have already been brought up at least once in this subforum, so the quickest way for you to get your answer is often to just use the search function, or google :)
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:20 pm

I tried making it not available from the start, but I couldn't find it in stores. Maybe I just didn't look enough.

Finally found it in a store. It's free. Not nearly as common as I was expecting.
gearsofcandy

Postby gearsofcandy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:08 pm

For some reason with the newest update to Superluminal, I'm unable too place stations, so none of the rooms can be manned.. Suggestions or help needed ;)
Krissy

Postby Krissy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:29 pm

gearsofcandy wrote:For some reason with the newest update to Superluminal, I'm unable too place stations, so none of the rooms can be manned.. Suggestions or help needed ;)

Under Layout Creation Tool (the wrench) click on Station Placement (the crew icon/person) hover over the question mark in a circle for directions.

In short, right click removes a station, left click adds one. Hold down shift while left clicking to change the facing.
gearsofcandy

Postby gearsofcandy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:43 pm

Krissy wrote:
gearsofcandy wrote:For some reason with the newest update to Superluminal, I'm unable too place stations, so none of the rooms can be manned.. Suggestions or help needed ;)

Under Layout Creation Tool (the wrench) click on Station Placement (the crew icon/person) hover over the question mark in a circle for directions.

In short, right click removes a station, left click adds one. Hold down shift while left clicking to change the facing.

And that's the problem, all I get is a red square, and I'm unable to do any of the station commands mentioned above.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:44 pm

gearsofcandy wrote:And that's the problem, all I get is a red square, and I'm unable to do any of the station commands mentioned above.

You need to have a mannable system assigned to the room where you wish to place the station. Only then will the square become green and the tool will allow you to modify/place the station.
gearsofcandy

Postby gearsofcandy » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:52 pm

kartoFlane wrote:
gearsofcandy wrote:And that's the problem, all I get is a red square, and I'm unable to do any of the station commands mentioned above.

You need to have a mannable system assigned to the room where you wish to place the station. Only then will the square become green and the tool will allow you to modify/place the station.

Cool thanks, Btw it might be a bug as I loaded the ship file again, and the manning tool somehow decided to work.