[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
zabing12

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.3 beta

Postby zabing12 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:27 pm

This is quiite annoying. Every time there is an update, a mac user has to redo that tedious step with the command app. Please, could you try to fix this problem?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Do you mean the one with permissions? I was under the impression that I got that sorted out already :/ I'll try again, hopefully it works this time.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
saber0091

Postby saber0091 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:35 am

Ran into an issue where 'Save As' was processing as 'Save' instead. Win7 running Superluminal 2.0.3 x32 on an x64 machine. (x64 2.0.1 said wrong version when launched, I assume x64 java probably just not installed?)

So newbie has a ship project saved as a resource folder, unable to 'save as' (.ftl desired) now , and no idea what to do from here.

EDIT: I took a screenshot and just redid the work in 10 minutes that took me hours initially, heh. Also, was able to reproduce the 'save as' problem: happens after first use, any subsequent use is treated as 'save'.
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.3a beta

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 pm

saber0091 wrote:Ran into an issue where 'Save As' was processing as 'Save' instead.

So newbie has a ship project saved as a resource folder, unable to 'save as' (.ftl desired) now , and no idea what to do from here.

EDIT: I took a screenshot and just redid the work in 10 minutes that took me hours initially, heh. Also, was able to reproduce the 'save as' problem: happens after first use, any subsequent use is treated as 'save'.

Whooops, sorry about that :oops: T'was a result of a rather stupid mistake. Thanks for reporting it :)

saber0091 wrote:Win7 running Superluminal 2.0.3 x32 on an x64 machine. (x64 2.0.1 said wrong version when launched, I assume x64 java probably just not installed?)

Yup, it's just a matter of installing 64-bit Java

@zabig12
After several hours of wrestling with OSX and a multitude of failed attempts, I've finally managed to get permissions sorted out... I was on the verge of giving up :P

========================================

Version 2.0.3a available here:
Download: [ Superluminal 2.0.3a beta ]

Changelog:

Code: Select all

2.0.3a beta:
- Fixed a bug that would cause the editor to crash when you tried to open the editor without pointing it to the game's archives
- Fixed "Save As" thinking it was "Save"
- Fixed Mac distribution of the editor not having proper permissions set -- you should now be able to launch the editor without having to go through the chmod command
SkyLine

Postby SkyLine » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Superluminal is very cool ship editor. But if you can, create a ship cargo editor, more than one artillery room and artillery editor.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:08 pm

@SkyLine
Thanks :) Artillery is in the works, I just need to get around to figuring it out...

Not sure what you mean by "ship cargo editor", though. If you mean like weapons etc editor. then I doubt I'll ever get to doing that -- the amount of work that I'd need to put into that would far outweight the amount of usefulness of such a program, IMO :P
Silveressa

Postby Silveressa » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:18 am

What abiout the ability to add in more cargo slots? When making transport type ships additional cargo hold would be handy thing to add, and lets those that wish to haul around extra drones or what not be able to do so.
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:50 am

So I was linking my weapon mounts to my gibs, and I accidentally misclicked on the floor image. Superluminal crashed.

Not really a bug or an error, but a bit frustrating to lose an hour's work.
SkyLine

Postby SkyLine » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:06 am

Ship cargo editor example - you have 4 weapons slot, but you need 5 weapons. And you add 1 weapons in cargo bay.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:10 pm

@SkyLine & Silveressa
Ahhh, I get it. Sadly, the number of cargo slots is hardcoded into the game -- there's no way to change it, much less so on a ship-by-ship basis. There's also no way to give a ship cargo via the editor -- that information is stored in the save file, and not in the .xml files. You'd need to use Vhati's Profile Editor for this.

NarnKar wrote:So I was linking my weapon mounts to my gibs, and I accidentally misclicked on the floor image. Superluminal crashed.

Whoooopsy daisy. Thanks for the information, I'll get that checked out.

Hmm. I'm unable to reproduce this crash, linking works fine for me. Could you post the stack trace here, between [ code ][ /code ] tags? When the editor crashes, it'll spit it out to editor-log.txt