[Tool] Superluminal 2.2.1 - FTL Ship Editor

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.1 beta

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:57 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Can you still not move the glow images? That crap is annoying as hell lol.

That's on my to-do list. Not sure when -- or even how -- I'll get around to implementing that though. For now you'll have to stick to manually modifying the rooms.xml file to adjust the glow images.

In other news, I have recently added .shp loading, so there's that :P
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Silveressa

Postby Silveressa » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 am

Is there a way/keyboard command to adjust the interior image of a assigned room so it fits inside the rooms parameters? (When making a 2x1 or 3x1 room sometimes the interior details of the room don't scale to match the room size and hang outside the room itself.

I tried hitting the "reset" button inside superluminal 2.0.1 but it doesn't seem to work.
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:00 pm

@Silveressa
Nope -- parts of the image hanging outside of the room is how that particular room would look in the game, the editor tries to simulate that. The only way to adjust the interior image so that it fits in a particular room is to modify the graphic itself.
One unit of in-game room size corresponds to 35 pixels, so a 1x1 room uses a 35x35 image, 2x1 - 70x35, and so on.

The "Reset" button basically reverts the interior image to the default image for the currently seleted system. I guess the word "Default" would be more accurate here...
InventorRaccoon

Postby InventorRaccoon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:07 pm

Last time I checked, there's no way to change a door to be an airlock and suck oxygen out when opened, which is a bit of a problem.
Silveressa

Postby Silveressa » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:29 pm

InventorRaccoon wrote:Last time I checked, there's no way to change a door to be an airlock and suck oxygen out when opened, which is a bit of a problem.

There's an option in the edit tab to "reset all doors" this will make any exterior doors connect as airlocks and vacuum the ship when opened. (Choose the option at the end after laying out your interior and putting in all doors.
Woodledude

Postby Woodledude » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:39 pm

Hi, I've had FTL for a while, and I decided to try my hand at modding. I managed to get a ship working, with crew weapons, a custom hull strength, floors, shields, and even all the gibs, but somehow neither my floor image (I have an *actual* floor image) nor my hull image or even my thumbnail are showing up, and I'm not sure why. Haven't checked the cloak image yet.

I've read around a bit, and found some problems somewhat related to mine, but they seem to stem from problems I don't think I'm actually having - non-32-bit pngs and missing images don't seem to be my error, as far as I can tell. Can anyone help me out?

EDIT: I suppose I should also mention my inability to load a .ftl file... "Mod Management" and "Reload Database" are grayed out, and dragging and dropping doesn't seem to work, either.

EDIT2: Ah... Nevermind. After figuring out that you have to actually *install* the mod in order to be able to load it into the editor (which is very strange), I noticed that, upon reloading my ship, those three exact images were missing. I plugged them back in, re-saved it, re-installed it, and wala. Somehow it worked the second time.

Only thing I can think is that, in my effort to complete the ship... Well, completely in one night, due to my not knowing how the loading feature worked, I had the editor open for a while, which might have contributed to that. I'm not sure how it would, though, as I reloaded the images several times in my effort to get the ship to work properly.
Silveressa

Postby Silveressa » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 pm

I've learned with the editor, after moving the ship around inside the editor (for better placement) sometimes it messes up the images when you save it afterwards and you have to go through and reupload a few (for me it's usually medbay, engineroom, and piloting that it screws up the graphics on.)

Not sure why it does that, but it's an easy enough problem to fix once you know it will happen.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:46 pm

@Woodledude
Mod Management and Reload Database options were grayed out, because you had a ship loaded -- you have to close the project first, only then will those options become available :P It's done that way so's to prevent people from unintentionally messing up their projects when loading/unloading multiple mods

@Silveressa
Huh, now here's a bug I haven't encountered. What's happening exactly (messed up positioning or missing graphic)? Can you reproduce it consistently? Having this kind of information would help me fix the issue.
Silveressa

Postby Silveressa » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:58 am

kartoFlane wrote:@Woodledude
What's happening exactly (messed up positioning or missing graphic)? Can you reproduce it consistently? Having this kind of information would help me fix the issue.

When you move a ship around to give it better positioning (via the different triangle movement icons on the outside of the grid, and then save the ship not all the loaded graphics for rooms are saved. So they display the black and yellow checkered background in game.

When you reopen the ship afterward you can see the graphics for some rooms are now blank.
kartoFlane

Re: [Tool] Superluminal 2.0.3 beta

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:41 pm

After over a month, I'm back with a new version :P Though contrary to what I said...
kartoFlane wrote:Next on list is artillery or undo system. Probably the former.

...I ended up working on literally everything but artillery.

To make up for it, there are plenty of sweet new features. This includes the undo/redo system, "unsaved changes" warnings, .shp loading, angular velocity modification for gibs, search functionality to weapon/drone/augment selection, and of course numerous bug fixes. For details, see the changelog.

Download: [ Superluminal 2.0.3 beta ]

Changelog:

Code: Select all

2.0.3 beta:
- Menu buttons' hotkey text is now updated when you modify hotkeys
- Hotkeys can now be unbound
- Added .shp file loading
- Added gibs' angular velocity modification
- Added raw value modification to gibs
- Fixed a somewhat rare bug with system visibility
- Fixed a bug with station visibility that would cause the station to not be hidden when its system was assigned to a room that cannot contain it
- Fixed a bug with automated door linking persisting after saving was completed, which could cause bugged links when the user moved the doors/rooms around and then saved again
- Fixed a bug with Mod Management that would allow the same mod to be loaded multiple times
- Added mount-gib linking
- Reworked hotkey system
- Added search functionality to weapon, drone & augment selection dialogs (Ctrl+F hotkey)
- Added hotkeys to Mod Management: Confirm (Enter), Load (Ctrl+L), Remove (Delete)
- Added undo/redo. Currently undoable operations:
  * Creation of new rooms, doors, mounts and gibs
  * Deletion of rooms, doors, mounts and gibs
  * Move (by mouse)
  * Room resize
  * System (un)assignment
  * Door linking
- Added "Unsaved Changes" warnings/prompts -- however, this is tied to the undo/redo system, so only making undoable changes will cause the warnings to pop up