Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Lutenate

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby Lutenate » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:55 am

I am having issues making the mod manager work. I have FTL from steam and I unzipped all the files and put them in the FTL steam folder but I keep getting the error message "This executable must be in the same folder as FTLGame.exe" I don't understand why I am getting this errer when it is in the FTL folder, I have tried it on 2 different computers so I must be doing something wrong...
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 pm

Lutenate wrote:I am having issues making the mod manager work. I have FTL from steam and I unzipped all the files and put them in the FTL steam folder but I keep getting the error message "This executable must be in the same folder as FTLGame.exe" I don't understand why I am getting this errer when it is in the FTL folder, I have tried it on 2 different computers so I must be doing something wrong...
In the folder where you put modman.exe, can you literally see FTLGame.exe and modman.exe both in the same folder? If not, move the contents of the GMM zip until they are in the steam folder so that modman.exe and FTLGame.exe are in the same place, then try again.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Lutenate

Postby Lutenate » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:32 pm

alextfish wrote:
Lutenate wrote:I am having issues making the mod manager work. I have FTL from steam and I unzipped all the files and put them in the FTL steam folder but I keep getting the error message "This executable must be in the same folder as FTLGame.exe" I don't understand why I am getting this errer when it is in the FTL folder, I have tried it on 2 different computers so I must be doing something wrong...
In the folder where you put modman.exe, can you literally see FTLGame.exe and modman.exe both in the same folder? If not, move the contents of the GMM zip until they are in the steam folder so that modman.exe and FTLGame.exe are in the same place, then try again.

Thanks I forgot to take out all the files from the Grognak's Mod Manager folder
Chillosophy

Postby Chillosophy » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:43 pm

Macspt wrote:You probably have one mod that is overwriting another. Try moving your mods around in the modorder.txt file. I noticed that all the mods I wanted to use were indeed getting installed, but some mods replaced the "splash" screen of the game, and made it seems like no mods were getting installed. It was not until I played the game that I noticed the mod changes.

Mod Placement order under Windows-7.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruc2dxSgX1k

Thanks for your advice! You've been very helpful! :) Unfortunately this wasn't the problem.

I'm a bit ashamed to admit it, but apparently I have steam installed on 2 locations for whatever reason. Everything patched alright, but the wrong executable was patched. When I launched the patched FTLgame.exe it somehow still opens the 'right' FTLgame.exe on another drive through Steam. I'm not sure how I messed this up, but I'm happy to report it works fine now :lol:
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:43 am

Ok I can't seem to get this right, here is why, I updated the game (downloaded a new one) transfered the old mod loader plus attatchments and mods to the same new folder, nothing

I tried to redownload it, and no not work, instead of working I get this (thats your cue to check the attatched file)
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Macspt

Postby Macspt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:39 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:Ok I can't seem to get this right, here is why, I updated the game (downloaded a new one) transfered the old mod loader plus attatchments and mods to the same new folder, nothing
I tried to redownload it, and no not work, instead of working I get this (thats your cue to check the attatched file)

Have you installed Python version 2.73 for Windows? :?:
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:32 pm

Macspt wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:Ok I can't seem to get this right, here is why, I updated the game (downloaded a new one) transfered the old mod loader plus attatchments and mods to the same new folder, nothing

huh?
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
Macspt

Postby Macspt » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:01 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:
Macspt wrote:

huh?

Take a look at this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY4-_YkuRGU
newguy142

Postby newguy142 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:18 am

I wanted to install the infinite space mod but I can't seem to get GMM to work.

I downloaded the GMM zip and then extracted it into the file containing FTL. In my case I downloaded the game via steam's linux client so my file was over in:

home/.steam/steam/SteamApps/common/FTL Faster Than Light

then I tried to run the Main.py file by allowing it to execute as a program and running it in my terminal but all it does is bring up the terminal for a fraction of a second and then terminal exits and nothing happens. I'm fairly new to Linux so is there something I'm missing?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 am

Screw it, I can't mod my new updated game, so I'll use the older version to allow me to mod my games *Sigh* what a drag