Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
jocelyn

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.4.1 (Updated Nov 9 2012!)

Postby jocelyn » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:40 pm

ken oh wrote:
jocelyn wrote:

Code: Select all

cfg.read("/Applications/FTL.app/Contents/modman.ini")

This got me somewhere (of course, my path is different at /home/kenoh/games/FTL/src/modman.ini), but now it'll bring a Tkinter window up saying that it needs to be in the correct directory. If anyone can look at my tree above and confirm I'm not actually messing this up, that would be awesome.

Hi,

The only thing I see is that you copied/pasted the entire /src directory, and not just the contents. Try moving all of the files inside the /src directory, out of it and up one level to the same folder you have the /src directory in right now. Then delete the empty /src directory.
ken oh

Postby ken oh » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:22 pm

jocelyn wrote:
ken oh wrote:
jocelyn wrote:

Code: Select all

cfg.read("/Applications/FTL.app/Contents/modman.ini")

This got me somewhere (of course, my path is different at /home/kenoh/games/FTL/src/modman.ini), but now it'll bring a Tkinter window up saying that it needs to be in the correct directory. If anyone can look at my tree above and confirm I'm not actually messing this up, that would be awesome.

Hi,

The only thing I see is that you copied/pasted the entire /src directory, and not just the contents. Try moving all of the files inside the /src directory, out of it and up one level to the same folder you have the /src directory in right now. Then delete the empty /src directory.

Haha, that did the trick. Thanks for looking at the tree for me.
Alsojames

Postby Alsojames » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:07 pm

So I unzipped the folder (Grognak's mod manager v 1.4.1) into the FTL folder...now how the heck do I run it?
Kaizerfreak

Postby Kaizerfreak » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:06 am

Tried using the patcher, looks like goes through the DOS command with all the unpacking lines just fine. However, when I click "yes" to run FTL after patching finishes, the game opens for a split second then instantly closes. I opened the game normally and started a new game, but the starting scrap was still 10 and I had included the example scrap mod that came with the program. Any help?

EDIT: Just tried another mod where I confirmed that modding actually was working (one of the replacement ships). Guess the example one is a dud?
wilson356725

Postby wilson356725 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:19 am

I tried Installing your Mod Manager (says v1.4) earlier today, and i cannot seem to get it to work.
(using Windows Vista, Gog version)
everything works fine until i try to install new mods using modman.exe
I get the Console window to come up, pop up box comes up, i select the mods, some lines of code run through and then the console auto-closes.
the last line shown appears to be:
struct.error unpack requires a string argument of length 8
i'm running it as an administrator (i'm the only user!)
and the files don't have the read only box ticked.
Whenever i try to open the game, i get a white screen then the game crashes.
i've even tried a clean install; no dice.

anyone got any ideas on how to fix it?
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:05 am

@alextfish: Yeah, merging has been suggested in the past (there's even a very nice spec for it.) However, it would would require more time and effort to implement than I'm currently willing to spend. Thanks for the nice suggestion though, and if you get the itch to write it... all the code is on github! I would love for someone to fork it and add that feature. :)

@Alsojames, I would suggest looking at the documentation again... or being more specific! :lol:

@wilson, I seem to recall that error occurring before, but I can't recall the solution. Try putting the FTL folder on the desktop, redownload GMM, and try again.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:07 am

Hey, Grognak - is here a particular file I have to add to my mod to get a description to show up in your tool? I'm building a mod and it works like a charm otherwise.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
gumball360

Postby gumball360 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 am

Grognak wrote:@wilson, I seem to recall that error occurring before, but I can't recall the solution. Try putting the FTL folder on the desktop, redownload GMM, and try again.

I have the exact same problem as wilson. I also run Vista, but I got the game on Steam rather than GOG. But I see the exact same message in the console window.

I've tried redownloading the mod several times, but it still doesn't work. When I patch the game, even when I don't have any mods selected, the game refuses to load. When I go into the Steam Properties and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache, it says one file has an issue. So it redownloads and works just fine again, except with no mods. When I run Mod Manager again, the game refuses to load again!
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:02 am

ok so I downloaded the latest version of the mod tool, got the patch patched in (the scrap bonus one only) and I say yes to starting the game and then it starts up...then the screen disappears and I don't get the play, what did I do wrong?
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:22 am

thashepherd wrote:Hey, Grognak - is here a particular file I have to add to my mod to get a description to show up in your tool? I'm building a mod and it works like a charm otherwise.

Not implemented yet, unfortunately. Glad to hear it's going well. :)

@gumball360: Try downloading the latest version of python 2.x and trying again.

@BrenTenkage: That feature just doesn't work on some computers, for a reason I am unsure of. If you run your game normally though everything should work fine.