[MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
User avatar
Anthonest
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:56 am
Location: Arcadian Space, Sector 232
Contact:

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Anthonest » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:33 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
theDoomBox wrote:you say that the kestrel will be a fearsome new and powerful warship you will encounter, however its design is highly outdated in comparison to ship the player will be using especially considering the player ship resembles that of the federation cruiser



50 years is quite a long time... In current age in the past 100 years...

50 years is the time between this....

Image

To this....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... m_1968.jpg (image to big, gave link instead)

The difference is the plane in the 2nd pic moves over 10 times faster then the first, Has guns that can shoot faster then the ones on the triplane even though the triplane uses a machine gun instead of a cannon.

Drop fuel tanks...

Missiles and bombs bigger then the pilot or possibly a formation of bombers in the triplanes time period. etc...

With studies show that humanity is getting better and better in making more higher tech stuff. So in the time period of vanila and 50 years earlier... this is quite a large leap in tech... You also forget time isn't constant everywhere. It can be possible that it could be actually 100 earth years, 1000 earth years, or vice versa, 25 earth years. 15 earth years, etc.

I think the time is pretty good. I think the kestrel is more like a Sherman tank, it wasn't the best, but it was quite good for it's purpose and can be mass produced (Signs of mass production is the fact the rebels got a few kestrels in Vanilla due to the type B lay out, as well as pirates getting their hands on it on the type C lay out)



I said 50 years tops, were looking at a 25 year average here. Considering that look at the technology from say 1980, the US at least, is still using the same MBT for the past 34 years. Our main strategic bomber is still the B-52, its been in service nearly 60 years.

Over a course of 25 years in say, 200 to 300 years in the future, how much do you think its really going to advance? I mean, the tech from this mod is noticeably different from that in vanilla. But I wouldn't quite say that's the difference of biplanes to space craft.

And time is the same in all places, just the units we use may be different. It clear I wasnt interpreting this in a unit of years we haven't even discovered yet.
Image
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:18 am

Anthonest wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:
theDoomBox wrote:you say that the kestrel will be a fearsome new and powerful warship you will encounter, however its design is highly outdated in comparison to ship the player will be using especially considering the player ship resembles that of the federation cruiser



50 years is quite a long time... In current age in the past 100 years...

50 years is the time between this....

Image

To this....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... m_1968.jpg (image to big, gave link instead)

The difference is the plane in the 2nd pic moves over 10 times faster then the first, Has guns that can shoot faster then the ones on the triplane even though the triplane uses a machine gun instead of a cannon.

Drop fuel tanks...

Missiles and bombs bigger then the pilot or possibly a formation of bombers in the triplanes time period. etc...

With studies show that humanity is getting better and better in making more higher tech stuff. So in the time period of vanila and 50 years earlier... this is quite a large leap in tech... You also forget time isn't constant everywhere. It can be possible that it could be actually 100 earth years, 1000 earth years, or vice versa, 25 earth years. 15 earth years, etc.

I think the time is pretty good. I think the kestrel is more like a Sherman tank, it wasn't the best, but it was quite good for it's purpose and can be mass produced (Signs of mass production is the fact the rebels got a few kestrels in Vanilla due to the type B lay out, as well as pirates getting their hands on it on the type C lay out)



I said 50 years tops, were looking at a 25 year average here. Considering that look at the technology from say 1980, the US at least, is still using the same MBT for the past 34 years. Our main strategic bomber is still the B-52, its been in service nearly 60 years.

Over a course of 25 years in say, 200 to 300 years in the future, how much do you think its really going to advance? I mean, the tech from this mod is noticeably different from that in vanilla. But I wouldn't quite say that's the difference of biplanes to space craft.

And time is the same in all places, just the units we use may be different. It clear I wasnt interpreting this in a unit of years we haven't even discovered yet.



I know, but it's just an eg. Some countries still use the Po-2 which is a WWI bomber.
most navies still use WWI and WWII naval ships.

etc.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Lime11
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:07 am

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Lime11 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:36 am

R4V3-0N wrote:
theDoomBox wrote:you say that the kestrel will be a fearsome new and powerful warship you will encounter, however its design is highly outdated in comparison to ship the player will be using especially considering the player ship resembles that of the federation cruiser



50 years is quite a long time... In current age in the past 100 years...

50 years is the time between this....

Image

To this....

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... m_1968.jpg (image to big, gave link instead)

The difference is the plane in the 2nd pic moves over 10 times faster then the first, Has guns that can shoot faster then the ones on the triplane even though the triplane uses a machine gun instead of a cannon.

Drop fuel tanks...

Missiles and bombs bigger then the pilot or possibly a formation of bombers in the triplanes time period. etc...

With studies show that humanity is getting better and better in making more higher tech stuff. So in the time period of vanila and 50 years earlier... this is quite a large leap in tech... You also forget time isn't constant everywhere. It can be possible that it could be actually 100 earth years, 1000 earth years, or vice versa, 25 earth years. 15 earth years, etc.

I think the time is pretty good. I think the kestrel is more like a Sherman tank, it wasn't the best, but it was quite good for it's purpose and can be mass produced (Signs of mass production is the fact the rebels got a few kestrels in Vanilla due to the type B lay out, as well as pirates getting their hands on it on the type C lay out)


Although what you say with the incredibly fast advancements in today's technology is true, it's unlikely that this speedy advancement will continue for the hundreds of years into the future, up to where the game is set. So the 50 odd years of tech advancement between the two game settings might have little to no change to ship designs or weapons etc.
I like jokes! What? You wanna hear one?

"I've told you a million times! Don't exagerate!"

"An Australian walks out of a bar...... what? It could happen!"

Here's my YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS6lSD ... shjtnjY4Ow
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:51 am

From as far as human history goes, the rate of advancement gets faster and faster. Considering the fact Humans now also have connections with alien races that can aid in technological support like the Engi or the Zoltan or trades with the Rockmen could boost up more opportunities and designs.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Xen0n
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:40 am

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Xen0n » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:31 am

I wish I had something to contribute, but I have no art skills whatsoever and only basic coding skills. But I can't wait to play with this :).
jeffg10
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:17 am
Location: Omicron Orbital, Around Solaris III

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby jeffg10 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:59 am

not to be rude but, can we get an update on how the mod is going? it seems to have gone cold lately reguarding news :?
User avatar
R4V3-0N
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:44 am
Location: Last Federation Fleet
Contact:

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:28 pm

It's been rather still recently. However something tells me the weapons I recently made for FTL:EB will be used here as my previous weapons did.

However me and Anthonest is planning to pic up the project a bit and carry on.
I think the ship I just released as well was planned to be an enemy but I can not remember clearly.

-Raven
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
User avatar
Anthonest
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:56 am
Location: Arcadian Space, Sector 232
Contact:

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Anthonest » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:13 am

R4V3-0N wrote:It's been rather still recently. However something tells me the weapons I recently made for FTL:EB will be used here as my previous weapons did.

However me and Anthonest is planning to pic up the project a bit and carry on.
I think the ship I just released as well was planned to be an enemy but I can not remember clearly.

-Raven


It has, little work here and there. School has started for me so my time is limited. I am however determined to finish this, I wont drop out from this because of school. Im sorry everyone for being quite lazy on the matter, me and R4V3-0N have been discussing this.

I want to pick up on this majorly soon.
Image
Xen0n
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:40 am

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Xen0n » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:37 pm

This mod looks really cool...I could lend a hand if you need help. My modding skills are limited and don't even ask me about art :?. But I might be good for something :)
Lerronin
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:38 pm

Re: [MOD][WIP]The Arcadian War - Collaboration Mod

Postby Lerronin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:59 pm

This mod looks amazing, if I could help contribute anything I would, but my ship design is rookie status and my coding is... well, im still learning. ;) Best of luck with the mod, cant wait to play it. The vanilla story never interested me much, I was always hoping for more Federation-Rebel fleet encounter type quests. The ships look great as well. :D
"Humans are shameless creatures that carelessly ignore any misfortune which does not befall them directly. They can--and often do--turn a blind eye to all manner of wickedness so long as it does not touch them or their kin."-Soren

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests