Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
R4V3-0N

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Crystal Station, Just for Captains Edition, a requester(s), and Station job mod.

It isn't final, will make gibs soon, but I think the hull is done for now.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
PrinceStolos

Postby PrinceStolos » Mon May 12, 2014 1:50 am

Russian Rockman wrote:Anyway, I realized when trying to decide on a color that everyone has a different preference so I thought "Why not just make a whole bunch of different variants?" If anyone wants a specific color scheme I just need about 4 colors, one for the letters, one for the outline of the letters, one for the standard filler, and a lighter version of the filler to create the slight gleam Remastered had.

I see what you mean there. I originally felt that the different ships in FTL were just different styles of play; giving each ship as much life and individuality as we can would make it far better, I think.

Russian Rockman wrote:I have gotten all of the Remastered stuff 100% working for AE, albeit with my own personal tweaks to it. I don't use any of the weapons, drones, warnings, or ship recolors from Remastered though since I use CE and they wouldn't match otherwise. Plus I like the vanilla style, I wanted a happy medium between the Remastered stuff and vanilla.

I've been generally holding off on using mods since AE came out, except the sM Polish Kit. Remastered's art style always struck me as generally better for giving a more retro, sprited feeling to the game, which I think fits better in FTL's overall design anyways.

Captain's Edition, though... I like it for what it does, which is a lot, but my own problem with it is that it's too much at once. Don't get me wrong, the new sectors, factions, and lore stuffed into it is candy to me, but alongside it is more weapons and drones than I could keep track of and the gosh-darned trading system.

I guess maybe I'm being too selective and picky with what I like. Oh well. It's not like this is something I'm super serious about, I just work with it when I have some free moments to mess around with fun stuff. Here, have an unfinished sheet of weapons converted into Remastered style:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 12, 2014 3:44 am

PrinceStolos wrote:I've been generally holding off on using mods since AE came out, except the sM Polish Kit. Remastered's art style always struck me as generally better for giving a more retro, sprited feeling to the game, which I think fits better in FTL's overall design anyways.

Captain's Edition, though... I like it for what it does, which is a lot, but my own problem with it is that it's too much at once. Don't get me wrong, the new sectors, factions, and lore stuffed into it is candy to me, but alongside it is more weapons and drones than I could keep track of and the gosh-darned trading system.

I guess maybe I'm being too selective and picky with what I like. Oh well. It's not like this is something I'm super serious about, I just work with it when I have some free moments to mess around with fun stuff. Here, have an unfinished sheet of weapons converted into Remastered style:

Wow those weapons look great!!! If you finish those sprites everyone would be really happy. They seem to match Remastered perfectly!!! I do agree that the weapons in Remastered look more "Retro" and I really like how the metal parts look. :) But you can't really use anything from Remastered until everything, including the ships, was finished.

I think the problem with Captains Edition is that it crams so much in to a game that had a limited amount of room. It is "cramped". If you could increase the amount of Sectors you could visit that would let you see more of what CE has to offer. That's where Infinite comes in. But at least CE makes each run unique. ;)
featherwings

Postby featherwings » Mon May 12, 2014 4:13 am

This isn't exactly a preview like the rest of the stuff in this thread... but it IS a project I'm working on that isn't done yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... -xSHFFDCY/

Lemme know if you see anything wrong, by the way!
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 12, 2014 5:56 am

featherwings wrote:This isn't exactly a preview like the rest of the stuff in this thread... but it IS a project I'm working on that isn't done yet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... -xSHFFDCY/

Lemme know if you see anything wrong, by the way!

Pleas continue that and include CE weapons as well!!! :D I would very much like to see this done, if you need some help I might be able to. I started something like this too.
featherwings

Postby featherwings » Mon May 12, 2014 6:13 am

That's not per weapon, that's per weapon attribute. By definition it includes CE weapons, since CE can't possibly add additional weapon types, just mix the attributes in novel ways (described in the chart)

I do have plans for something big that involves all this, but I'm not going to talk about it until I have at least a playable prototype.

if you'd like to help, you can double check for accuracy! I'm not sure of a lot of tags...

or you can find a way to get multi shot, multi projectile burst weapons to work. If you can do that I'd love you forever

Like seriously, just get that to work and I'll enshrine that in an event or something.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 12, 2014 6:54 am

featherwings wrote:That's not per weapon, that's per weapon attribute. By definition it includes CE weapons, since CE can't possibly add additional weapon types, just mix the attributes in novel ways (described in the chart)

My bad, I couldn't really see the chart very well since my internet was being too slow. I just assumed it was a chart of all weapons and their stats based on what I did see. That's what I've been doing for CE and vanilla weapons. :roll: Good job though, the chart helps explain a few things.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Wed May 14, 2014 4:11 am

Here's a quick little thing i've been working on for my latest project:
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed May 14, 2014 6:02 am

xlandar wrote:Here's a quick little thing i've been working on for my latest project:

I think the left is a tad tooooo dark.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
xlandar

Postby xlandar » Wed May 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Ya, probably. Unfortunately the fed type c doesn't exactly give you many colours/shadows to work with.
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image