Previews from the impatient

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

Previews from the impatient

Postby RAD-82 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:53 am

Sometimes you want to show something off, but don't want to make the topic for your mod yet. I submit this thread as a general location for people who want to show things off.

Please don't steal and distribute the work of other people without permission.

When completing a project, I recommend adding a link to the preview post so people can find the finished project without having to wonder if it is done yet.

-----

I present my latest ship, currently named Hades (unless something better pops into my head), rotated for effect.
edit: Completed and released: viewtopic.php?t=24507
Last edited by RAD-82 on Fri May 09, 2014 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
5thHorseman

Re: Previews from the impatient

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu May 08, 2014 5:54 am

Dude that looks like a crazy Tiki mask. :o
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 6:29 am

Love that ship, it does kind of look like a tiki mask!!! :D

Hah, this could also be called "previews from the lazy", it can take a lot of effort to make a thread to promote for your own mod. I cant wait to see all the random stuff that pops up here, I for one have freaking ton of misc stuff that doesn't belong anywhere else.

Here's some stuff I did pretty quickly recently.
Stainless Steel Engi C
CUZ WHY NOT...

Kestrel Loading Bar!!! You can go ahead and download this if you want. Put the images in a .ftl folder that will replace the images in img/main _menus.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mhyyutbjs2ibe0l/AACXaC9hj4XryHT-qT0W0FI9a
ImageImage

Finally, here is something I've wanted to get people's opinions on for some time... I have been integrating some of the FTL Remastered UI Stuff into FTL:AE. That's pretty much done completely now, though I still have some personal touches that still need finishing.

I was inspired by the FTL Remastered UI, but I have also changed it a bit because there was some stuff I didn't like about FTL Remastered, a lot of the changes it made were too different from vanilla FTL. For example, I've added glows back to icons when mousing over them, made warnings more red to match vanilla, changed the targeting reticles to match vanilla more, and made my own font!... I've also made several improvements on my own, a couple of which are now in CE, thanks Sleeper. ;) Eventually... sometime in the next millennia I will finish this graphical tweaking tangent and upload something finished and maybe someone will like it.

Something I thought about though when doing all this though was changing the color of the UI. I tried finding a nicer Blue and making the Remastered colors even higher contrast, but then I wondered what it would be like to change it completely? So I made some quick examples of what I was thinking, tell me if you'd like to see something like this, it's really just a matter of changing the hues on some of the menus so it wouldn't be all that hard to make alternate UI color schemes. In the imgur album below I have a "Cool Crystal" blue color scheme, some retro Zoltan colors, Lanius low saturation colors, and some Slug"ish" colors. Tell me what you think... :) Image

Other Examples... Made very quickly...

http://imgur.com/a/Ve3ds?gallery

Thanks!!! :D
Let me know if you'd like to see something like Alternate UI colors. Also, your opinions on the font... :?
FtDLulz

Postby FtDLulz » Thu May 08, 2014 6:57 am

That UI and font looks awesome. I like the colors in the first and fifth picture the best, I just think the blueish-white fits well!
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 7:42 am

FtDLulz wrote:That UI and font looks awesome. I like the colors in the first and fifth picture the best, I just think the blueish-white fits well!

Thank you! Glad you like the font. ;)
I like the Teal and White best as well. I'll have to experiment with other colors though. I think it could be cool to have a green UI when doing a Zoltan run for example. The fifth one was meant to be a "Lanius" gray and light blue. I'm imagining these "alternate UI colors" would be used with mods like BPAB which has brighter backgrounds than vanilla. Therefore, some darker colors can be used, but I still like the lighter colors.
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Thu May 08, 2014 3:36 pm

I've got a lot of unfinished ships.

ImageImageImageImageImage
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 7:43 pm

Good god TaxiService!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :lol:

That is a lot...
They look awesome.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm

Not for my FTL EB mod, but the feature I am going to put on it will possibly make it.
No spoilers on specifics. just me bubbling some creativity...

Oh and amazing work there Taxi. That slug ship looks pretty mean. :)

Oh and great work there Rockman. Say... if you ever make an Engi themed like UI... you know who to let them know :)
I would love to incorporate it into my EB mod.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu May 08, 2014 9:23 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Oh and great work there Rockman. Say... if you ever make an Engi themed like UI... you know who to let them know :)
I would love to incorporate it into my EB mod.

Thanks. Any ideas what colors would be good for an Engi UI? If you were going to put it in your mod I might just make a whole new font. It wouldn't be THAT hard because I'm thinking of making something very robotic. Kind of like this...
Liquidcool24

Postby Liquidcool24 » Fri May 09, 2014 12:30 am

A new ship I'm making for whenever Superluminal is up to date. (And get to sector 8 with the Stormwalker.)
Last edited by Liquidcool24 on Fri May 09, 2014 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.