be possible to create a one-time surge owned by the player with an edited saved game, someday.
The amount and kinds of drones look editable too... in a saved game, not the xml.
From the way things are saved:
- There's a list of regular weapons.
- The Artillery system is a wrapper an extra weapon. It's such a thin wrapper that it's apparently just the weapon itself, appearing outside the normal list.
- There's a list of regular drones (technically a 'normal' wrapper around basic drone info, adding T/F's for isDeployed and isActive).
- The Hacking system is a wrapper for an extra drone, plus some extra info.
- And there's a list of surge wrappers that each contain drones, each naming particular blueprints, plus adding some other numbers.
The player ship and nearby ship get described similarly.
I suspect the player ship also has the capacity for surge drones, but that it's always a 0-sized list.
It's conceivable each surge wrapper includes a timer to redeploy/reactivate its own drone periodically, but I haven't yet identified such a value.