a ship idea, little advice needed

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
geekZoltan

a ship idea, little advice needed

Postby geekZoltan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:02 am

Hi,

So, I have an idea of a ship, but I need some help to make the custom augmentation work.
The ship, Mjölnir (named after the hammer of Thor) will have an augmentation called "ion storm generator". With that you can stimulate surrounding nebula to turn it into an ion storm, that will hopefully harm your opponent more than you. Of course, you can upgrade your reactors more than you need to run your systems, to make sure you'll have the advantage. Pretty neat, huh?

The problem: this augmentation needs a blue option into every nebula event, that has a ship battle on it. I also want it to work with the legendary Captain's Edition (which I love by the way <3), so there are a hell of a lot of those events. I spent an hour last night editing those events yesterday :lol: But I'm ok with all of that. The real problem is how to make sure, that my mod overrides those events that the other mod, Captain's Edition, allready modifies?

Thanks people ;)
xlandar

Re: a ship idea, little advice needed

Postby xlandar » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:05 am

If you want it to override anything from captain's edition, it simply has to be loaded after captain's edition. Cool augment idea by the way. :lol:
art and coding tutorials wanted, pm if you have some good ones please!Image
geekZoltan

Postby geekZoltan » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:31 am

Thanks @xlandar for your advice and kind words :)
_Leguan12_

Postby _Leguan12_ » Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:26 am

By the Way as I know you cant change the maximum upgrade level of the reactor ;)
So you would have to set the StartingPower as high :mrgreen: