[MOD][WIP]Infinite Space 2

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
English Narwhal

[MOD][WIP]Infinite Space 2

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:18 am

Infinite Space 2 is officially a DEAD project. I have been unable to do any work on it and do not plan to work on it in the future. Whomever wants the project may take it.

People involved in this project:
DrkTemplar, Original Author
Whoopty, Event Author
English Narwhal, Current Project Director
Ora_unit_SR388, UI Designer
xlandar, Sprite Artist

*No Rebel Fleet, No Rebel Boss, No hard stop end of game.
*Redesign of Sectors
*Redesign of Enemy ships.
*Sector "mini bosses" (Player Cruisers images).
*19 new custom weapons.
*17 new custom drones.
*19 new events
*A different gaming experience than vanilla.

Features DronesPlus mod by karmos!
-Download without Infinite Space here.

Unlimited Sectors
Upon Reaching the End Beacon of the sector, your ship will automatically jump to a new randomized Deep Space sector.

Static Enemy Ships
Certain races are more powerful than others. You will run into weak and strong ships. Learn when to fight, when to run, and when to take a bribe.

No Rebel Fleet pursuit
You're the Captin of your own Starship. Your quest to explore the cosmos will be dangerous.

Sector mini-boss
At the beginning of each new sector, if you're ship is deemed strong enough, you will encounter (and fight) a mini-boss. Running from a mini-boss can be deadly as your only escape will be an unexplored beacon.

Search for Ancient Artifacts, and Advanced Technology.
Defeating a mini-boss will yield you a reward beacon, indicated with a ship icon on sector map. Seeking out those beacons can yield Ancient Artifacts (ship specific augments), or Advanced Technology (new custom weapons/drones).

*Requires Slipstream Mod Manager

Installation
1. Downlaod the file, and place in the mod folder used by Slipstream Mod Manager
2. Run modman.exe, select the mod in the list, and click Patch.
Note: If the mod doesn't show in the mod manager, it has likely downloaded as a .zip file. You will need to change the file extension to a .ftl. Make sure you can see your file extensions first! If you don't know how to do this, search google for Show File Extensions for your Operating System.

Legacy Versions:
Version 0.5.4
Download
Version 0.5.3
Download

Mod Compatibility
Infinite Space drastically changes the sectors, and events that spawn in each sector. Any mod that alters these will likely not work with Infinite Space. However, custom ship mods will work with Infinite Space! Any mod under the "Balancing - Total Conversions" section in Master Mod List will likely cause an issue.
For all you modders out there, Infinite Space operates by looping the 'Deep Space', or Crystal Sector, after the first sector. No, I cannot make the difficulty scale at this juncture, but I am working on it.

Change Log

Code: Select all

version 2.0.4
-added loading screen
version 2.0.3
-Sector scaling now in place
-DrkTemplar's Events still in place
version 0.5.4
-adopted by English Narwhal
-tweaked 'boss ship' requirements
-New Main Menu
version 0.5.3
-Added back in new events written by Whoopty
-Fixed some errors in xml files

==== Complete list of Advanced Tech Items, and Drones ====

Lasers
+Burst Laser, +Heavy Laser, +Hull Laser
Missiles
+Missile, +Burst Missile, +Breach Missile, +Hull Missile
Beam
+Beam, +Fire Beam, +Bio Beam, +Hull Beam
Bomb
+Bomb, +Hull Bomb, +Fire Bomb, +Heal Bomb
Ion
+Ion Blast, +Ion Bomb
Crystal
+Crystal Burst, +Crystal Heavy

Offensive Drones
Combat 1, Combat 2, +Combat
Beam 1, Beam 2, +Beam
Ion 1, Ion 2, +Ion
Missile 1, Missile 2, +Missile
Fire 1, Fire 2, +Fire
Crystal 1, Crystal 2, +Crystal
Boarder, +Boarder

Defensive Drones
Defense 1, Defense 2, +Defense
Ship Repair

Ship Drones
Repair Drone, Battle Drone
Last edited by English Narwhal on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:54 am, edited 13 times in total.
Sleeper Service

Re: [MOD][WIP]Infinite Space (Adopted)

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:32 pm

English Narwhal wrote:This mod is yet another mod I have 'adopted', and in this case my adoption of the mod is simply to 'update' the mod for AE (when AE comes out), and maintain it until DrkTemplar, the original owner, is available to take over what is rightfully his.

This is kind of contradicted by your current sig: "Infinite Space - By English Narwhal"
The mod is not made by you. Not me to judge, but some people might take offense by how you put that. You might want to change that... :|
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:16 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:
English Narwhal wrote:This mod is yet another mod I have 'adopted', and in this case my adoption of the mod is simply to 'update' the mod for AE (when AE comes out), and maintain it until DrkTemplar, the original owner, is available to take over what is rightfully his.

This is kind of contradicted by your current sig: "Infinite Space - By English Narwhal"
The mod is not made by you. Not me to judge, but some people might take offense by how you put that. You might want to change that... :|

Damn.
I didn't intend to put it that way, it actually says By English Narwhal and DrkTemplar, but it got cut off. Let me fix that.
jhmgrose

Postby jhmgrose » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Is there any chance you could randomise the sectors rather than replaying the same one? If there is a way to trigger the Hidden Crystal Worlds more than once, I think a good step would be to make all the civilian, hostile, and nebula sectors open.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Nice your taking over IS

so do you plan to do? I hope you will put some of the ideas i posted on that one forum you posted on. (i'm sure you know the forum i'm talking) like the food, not almost every jump is a fight, and just more events... anyway i'm happy to see your taking over i love this mod and i'm sure you will add more things to make it even better.
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:52 pm

jhmgrose wrote:Is there any chance you could randomise the sectors rather than replaying the same one? If there is a way to trigger the Hidden Crystal Worlds more than once, I think a good step would be to make all the civilian, hostile, and nebula sectors open.

The reason they aren't randomized is because they can't be randomized.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:25 am

agigabyte wrote:
jhmgrose wrote:Is there any chance you could randomise the sectors rather than replaying the same one? If there is a way to trigger the Hidden Crystal Worlds more than once, I think a good step would be to make all the civilian, hostile, and nebula sectors open.

All I can do at the moment is attempt to make a rewrite of IS wherein you reach sector 7 before hopping into the Crystal Sectors... forever.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:15 am

English Narwhal wrote:
agigabyte wrote:

All I can do at the moment is attempt to make a rewrite of IS wherein you reach sector 7 before hopping into the Crystal Sectors... forever.

That's actually a really attractive compromise. Gives you 7 sectors to ramp up and then you can tailor the secret sector (and the "infinite" part of the game) to be really punishing with super OP enemies.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:40 am

Ramblings:

I suppose if you tried to go to the secret sector from sector 8, the game would crash, since the secret sector is supposed to send you to the next sector, which is non-existent. Anybody ever test that? I thought it would be interesting if you could make it to sector 8, receive your mission to take out the flagship, and then you decide to chicken out and run away. I called the idea, Infinite Escape. You would still have the rebels after you, but they would take longer to actually start chasing you, since you aren't as high of a priority anymore.

More serious note:

Interesting enough, Sleeper Service has released CE Infinite. It takes a different approach to this infinite thing.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
English Narwhal

Postby English Narwhal » Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:35 am

RAD-82 wrote:Ramblings:

I suppose if you tried to go to the secret sector from sector 8, the game would crash, since the secret sector is supposed to send you to the next sector, which is non-existent. Anybody ever test that? I thought it would be interesting if you could make it to sector 8, receive your mission to take out the flagship, and then you decide to chicken out and run away. I called the idea, Infinite Escape. You would still have the rebels after you, but they would take longer to actually start chasing you, since you aren't as high of a priority anymore.

More serious note:

Interesting enough, Sleeper Service has released CE Infinite. It takes a different approach to this infinite thing.

I'm aware that Sleeper made CE Infinite. I'll copyright Infinite Space and sue him. (Joking!)
On a more serious note about Infinite Space, I'm sticking with the idea of seven usual sectors and then Crystal Loop.