[Modding] R&D and current findings

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
agigabyte

Re: [Modding] R&D and current findings

Postby agigabyte » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Thx.

Discovery: Elite Fighter cloak is the alpha fighter cloak, so less work for me.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:49 am

(Random thing I noticed, and I have no idea if it has been mentioned before)

When fighting the flagship, people usually take out the missile weapon first. That system only has three levels.

Why do I mention this? If you look at the boss blueprints, you can see that it should have four levels.
<artillery power="4" room="9"/> <--Lasers
<artillery power="4" room="10"/> <--Missiles
<artillery power="3" room="14"/> <--Beam
<artillery power="3" room="18"/> <--Ion

Apparently, the later entries overwrite the power from the previous entries. I went and re-watched some boss fights on YouTube, and it appears that when those three-power systems are gone for the third phase, the lasers and missiles actually get upgraded to level 4 and fire faster. I wonder if those systems were meant to fire faster in the earlier phases...
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
obsidianblade

Postby obsidianblade » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:44 am

hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for adding lanius to normal shops instead of just the STORE_LANIUS event. i've tried changing the rarity value of the anaerobic race in the dlcblueprints.xml and also tried adding <blueprint name="anaerobic" rarity="2"/> to the rarity list on sectors and <event name="STORE_LANIUS" min="2" max="2"/> to the events list for individual sectors in sectordata.xml for some reason i cant get it to work. Im not very experienced so i may be missing something fairly basic but any advice would be greatly appreciated
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:32 am

obsidianblade wrote:hey i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice for adding lanius to normal shops instead of just the STORE_LANIUS event. i've tried changing the rarity value of the anaerobic race in the dlcblueprints.xml and also tried adding <blueprint name="anaerobic" rarity="2"/> to the rarity list on sectors and <event name="STORE_LANIUS" min="2" max="2"/> to the events list for individual sectors in sectordata.xml for some reason i cant get it to work. Im not very experienced so i may be missing something fairly basic but any advice would be greatly appreciated

The STORE_LANIUS event has nothing to do with whether or not Lanius are available. It is just a store event with text that is different from a store event that you would find in another sector.

Changing the rarity in the blueprints, and even in the sectors rarity list, like you mentioned should be sufficient. Perhaps you've just been unlucky and haven't seen them yet. Make sure you have AE-content enabled. Changing their rarity to a non-zero value will also allow them to be on the crew of pirate ships.

So, unless you have AE-content disabled, I don't think you are missing anything.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
obsidianblade

Postby obsidianblade » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:09 pm

Damn was kinda hoping i was doing it wrong. Thanks for the quick response.

EDIT: i found out what i was doing wrong, kinda trivial but i was using .rar instead of .zip to make my .ftl's. Worked perfectly after i made the change.