[Modding] R&D and current findings

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Tuesday

Re: [Modding] R&D and current findings

Postby Tuesday » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:49 am

Does anyone know why the icons section in img has weapons and weapons2? What i mean is theirs two sets of the same color files for the weapons in img/icons, what are these used for??
Whale Cancer

Postby Whale Cancer » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:27 pm

Ship images support paths , but ship minimages (in customizeUI) do not. At least, as far as I can tell.

Ship configuration files (.txt and .xml) also support paths (that is to say, in blueprints.xml you can use a path to point to these files)
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:18 am

Are Augmentations hard-coded, or is there a way to mod a dummy one in through the data files?
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:32 am

Grognak wrote:Are Augmentations hard-coded, or is there a way to mod a dummy one in through the data files?

The effect of augmentations are hard coded. You can make dummy ones to be used in event <choice> triggers, though.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Grognak

Postby Grognak » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:37 am

Thanks, I found the list in blueprints.xml.
dhlordofdead

Postby dhlordofdead » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:55 am

anyone know if you can change the game parameters for having crew (e.g. make it so you dont need any crew at all) thus making it you only lose when you die? also a way to change it so any crew that do appear on the ship are AI controlled rather than Player controlled?
alextfish

Postby alextfish » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:59 pm

dhlordofdead wrote:anyone know if you can change the game parameters for having crew (e.g. make it so you dont need any crew at all) thus making it you only lose when you die?
I believe the only way to do this is to start a ship off with no crew. (You could have the first event at the start beacon add several crew and the ship would still count as AI, i.e. not lose if all your crew die.)
also a way to change it so any crew that do appear on the ship are AI controlled rather than Player controlled?
This isn't possible. But you could use a bunch of System Repair and Anti-Personnel drones.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Vozhban

Postby Vozhban » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:54 pm

While creating a ship I ran into a problem, which can be solved by two ways:
1. Making a weapon unremovable, so that it can't be changed throughout the game. May be through an event, which appears when you try to remove the weapon and prevents you from doing so.
2. Creating a copy of artillery system and altering it's parameters. Or is it possible to alter parameters for only one ship?
Is any of these ways possible to realise or i waste my time trying to do so?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:27 pm

I'ts not possible to make a weapon unremovable, and it's not possible to alter a weapon's properties for a single ship only. So your only way out is trying to alter the artillery (you can't add new systems AFAIK)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Vozhban

Postby Vozhban » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Well, thanks. I'll try something else then.