Where do I start?
Just call me Frawst.
I like XML coding.
I can't art or music for shit.
Go me.
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD][WIP] FTL: Engi Brigade

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon May 26, 2014 7:50 pm

I thought I should tell you that NoobJuice gave me permission to use his Engi ships for a mod. They are just recolors of the standard vanilla Lanius ship, but you might want to check them out. You can use them to, but of course you should probably just PM him first if you want.

Jefftheboardingdrone's Engi ships are also pretty good. I would check them out too. It's amazing that the Engi ship is the most commonly spliced for custom ships. :D

Also how are the Mantis Type C enemies coming? They are the only enemy to not get type C's in CE yet.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue May 27, 2014 4:59 am

Russian Rockman wrote:I thought I should tell you that NoobJuice gave me permission to use his Engi ships for a mod. They are just recolors of the standard vanilla Lanius ship, but you might want to check them out. You can use them to, but of course you should probably just PM him first if you want.

Jefftheboardingdrone's Engi ships are also pretty good. I would check them out too. It's amazing that the Engi ship is the most commonly spliced for custom ships. :D

Also how are the Mantis Type C enemies coming? They are the only enemy to not get type C's in CE yet.

From memory Jeff only did 1 and it does look cool.

I am going to have like a 'quote' on the modding community.

For example you running across a space shuttle (from FTL: Online) with a distress beacon from an experimental heavy cruiser (Potential) that has a problem with it's reactor and such.

Or encountering a engi pirate (Short bread) that wants to loot you.

I can list all the ideas I had that is based around the modding community and easter eggs.
off coarse I will need permission from most of the stuff to use those hulls, images, etc.

Lemonade gave me an engi ship hull so I will include that...

also I am planning a 'parody' on the kestrel, you encountering the player kestrel.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
ScubaSteve3465

Re: [MOD][WIP] Engi Brigade

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:53 pm

Megamax2001 wrote:Image
I was about to post this ship, but I think you'd have better use for it in your mod. I was working on an Engi blockade ship, something that would be a bit of a larger ship that was made to be more hardy.
The cloaking image is a bit less than vanilla, being a jumble of pixels because I thought it'd fit the theme of Engi.

The idea for the floor plan came from Axel6430's ship the Breeze Cleaver, of revealing just more than hallways in the layout.

You can scrap the layout if you wish, I was testing a couple of playstyles earlier and uploaded what I thought worked best.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvc6x1t1ld1pa ... ruiser.ftl

Could someone possibly update this to AE? Or maybe explain an easy way to do it myself? Its one of my favorite ships and its terrible I can't use it alongside AE.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:25 pm

Open up Superluminal, and load that particular ship mod in Superluminal's Mod Management. Use the mouse tool to click on each room, and add your system as desired. Make sure to use a room texture that doesn't clip with the doors.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:22 am

I'm not dead, just leaving a little update on progress. I have been making a bit of progress lately.

I did not update any ship to AE yet however I am continuing my process in making weapons for my mod and making some ships to get out of being rusty as well as testing out the weapons and releasing them bit by bit.
After I make a few more weapons I will release the bunch as a stand alone weapons pack for FTL for you guys to test it out and have fun with it, I will not exactly update that pack but later versions may come out soon.
It should be fully compatible with other modes including Captains Edition due to me limiting the error of naming clash between weapons of CE, EB, and other mods by using an idea of CE weapons and not get lazy at naming my weapons and added a EB_ in front of the blueprint name for it.

I will also release the art of (nearly) all the EB ships soon, I just a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to releasing content and I want to give you guys a full set of images of every ship and different colour variants (vanilla themed ofc)

Me being a perfectionist is also the reason I never release a ship mod these days without making all 3 lay outs. Otherwise I would have put an upload for one of the earlier experiment ships I made testing out some features.

What else what else...

Well this mod will still take a long time to make but I am putting quite a lot of work into it and I want to eventually at least release all the ships (besides the 'special' one) for the public to enjoy while I start hammering into making enemies and eventually quests. But that will not happen in a long time.

~Kind regards, Raven.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:04 pm

A question to the people following this mod and checking it's progress.

I was wondering if you wound like me to update the previous FTL: EB ships that was added before AE, or do you want me to pull up something entirely new?

Another question is this. What are you looking forward the most out of this overhaul?
The events, quests, or theme?
The addition of new weapons, drones,and enemies, etc?
Or the new player ships?
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Zorin419

Postby Zorin419 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:03 pm

I see a LOT of potential in this mod, mostly because I've seen the other things Raven has done. Please tell me that your still working on this project! :)
Zorin419

Postby Zorin419 » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:07 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:A question to the people following this mod and checking it's progress.

I was wondering if you wound like me to update the previous FTL: EB ships that was added before AE, or do you want me to pull up something entirely new?

Another question is this. What are you looking forward the most out of this overhaul?
The events, quests, or theme?
The addition of new weapons, drones,and enemies, etc?
Or the new player ships?

I think the thing that I like the most is the new ships, and that Engi's are my 2nd favorite race (before Lanius).

And, it depends on the new ships that you would add. I like the designs of the old ones though.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:26 am

Zorin419 wrote:I see a LOT of potential in this mod, mostly because I've seen the other things Raven has done. Please tell me that your still working on this project! :)

Yes I am still working on it however I am rather busy but I am working on putting tiny pieces out as individual mods.
As you seen with the "GO BALLISTIC!" weapon pack mod I made earlier (PS update coming soon to that)

I do hope to get more progress done soon. I am working mainly on some weapons as it's easier to tweak after finishing and easy to drop it if I change my mind, while with ships it may take week(s) to make and then I change my mind later as I do not want that class in game or what have you or changed my idea for weapons or layout. :roll:

So atm I am mainly working on weapons. So stay tuned!
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.