Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
5thHorseman

Re: Questions here: an inquiry thread! [Updated Sep 15th, 2014]

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:46 am

pirateandy37 wrote:ok so im almost finished i need a very big shield though and i dont have photoshop so i cant make also i need a very big floor (just make a giant invisible square for the floor)

I just copy the hull image to the floor image. I think you need to move it a bit to make it fit perfect now.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
95% Chance

Postby 95% Chance » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:03 am

How exactly would I go about making a pirate brush stroke?

I've been searching the forum to try and find the pattern used for the pirate paint splatter brush stroke things, but APPARENTLY pirate is far too common a word for the search function to do its job.

EDIT: Nevermind, there's an extremely roundabout way to do it by selecting a color range in photoshop, but I do wish there was a dedicated brush. Ah well.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:12 am

95% Chance wrote:How exactly would I go about making a pirate brush stroke?

I've been searching the forum to try and find the pattern used for the pirate paint splatter brush stroke things, but APPARENTLY pirate is far too common a word for the search function to do its job.

EDIT: Nevermind, there's an extremely roundabout way to do it by selecting a color range in photoshop, but I do wish there was a dedicated brush. Ah well.

I just use gimp and do it manually all the way with the normal pencil tool, first I apply all the markings, then the shading/ light.
Works for me.

R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
JustImprovise

Postby JustImprovise » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:10 pm

How do I unpack the data.dat file or th resources file (which one do I need to access?) in order to see the ship graphs I can splice them/ rotate the enemy ships to be ud as player ships
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:11 pm

All images and sounds, etc. are located in the resources.dat file. Slipstream Mod Manager -- the tool you need to install mods -- has an unpacking functionality (File > Extract Dats...), so you can use that.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
JustImprovise

Postby JustImprovise » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:14 pm

kartoFlane wrote:All images and sounds, etc. are located in the resources.dat file. Slipstream Mod Manager -- the tool you need to install mods -- has an unpacking functionality (File > Extract Dats...), so you can use that.

Thanks sooooooooooooo much!!!!
Manters

Postby Manters » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:44 pm

I've seen this done in CE. But how can create a custom augment? I don't want functionality in the augment. I just want it for custom events.
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:05 pm

Manters wrote:I've seen this done in CE. But how can create a custom augment? I don't want functionality in the augment. I just want it for custom events.

blueprints.xml.append:

Code: Select all

<augBlueprint name="AUG_NAME">
   <title>Augment Name</title>
   <desc>Augment Description</desc>
   <cost>80</cost>
   <bp>8</bp> <!-- As usual, this is useless -->
   <rarity>0</rarity> <!-- How often you'll find it. 0 means never, 1 thru 5 is common to very rare -->
   <stackable>false</stackable> <!-- Benefits can be stacked atop eachother if you have duplicates of this augment? Only usable with hardcoded augments ie rock plating -->
   <value>0.15</value> <!-- Useless unless you use this on a pre existing augment, as augment benefits are hardcoded into the game. 0.15 on rock plating means 15 percent, so you could change vanilla augments to be better than they were before -->
</augBlueprint>
Manters

Postby Manters » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:16 pm

steamtex wrote:
Manters wrote:I've seen this done in CE. But how can create a custom augment? I don't want functionality in the augment. I just want it for custom events.

blueprints.xml.append:

Code: Select all

<augBlueprint name="AUG_NAME">
   <title>Augment Name</title>
   <desc>Augment Description</desc>
   <cost>80</cost>
   <bp>8</bp> <!-- As usual, this is useless -->
   <rarity>0</rarity> <!-- How often you'll find it. 0 means never, 1 thru 5 is common to very rare -->
   <stackable>false</stackable> <!-- Benefits can be stacked atop eachother if you have duplicates of this augment? Only usable with hardcoded augments ie rock plating -->
   <value>0.15</value> <!-- Useless unless you use this on a pre existing augment, as augment benefits are hardcoded into the game. 0.15 on rock plating means 15 percent, so you could change vanilla augments to be better than they were before -->
</augBlueprint>

Thanks alot :D
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm sure it was answered earlier but what exactly does or did the <bp>value</bp> tag actually mean in modding?
Or was it always useless?