[REQUEST] The Flying Fortress ship

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Nommykins

[REQUEST] The Flying Fortress ship

Postby Nommykins » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Alright, I'd like to make a request for a ship. If you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2, you'd recognize this, but anyways- The ship should look like this-
http://imgur.com/b4YRe4c
Here's the rooms- (All the ones that aren't basic will be empty rooms)
http://imgur.com/yfC7Na8
If anyone is good with making ships, please make this one and thanks!

~~Nommykins
P.S. Sorry about the links, the image is too big for the post.
Starfire

Re: [REQUEST] The Flying Fortress ship

Postby Starfire » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 pm

I could but it will be a week till i can do it. Is it ok if I resize the pic if the rooms don't fit?
shark

Postby shark » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:32 pm

Nommykins wrote:Alright, I'd like to make a request for a ship. If you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2, you'd recognize this, but anyways- The ship should look like this-

~~Nommykins

I have a better idea - load up this picture in Superluminal, draw the rooms as you did on the second picture - post generated code and ask for further help.

Doing things yourself tend to give you a better idea of how you want it to play out.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Nommykins

Postby Nommykins » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:18 am

shark wrote:
Nommykins wrote:Alright, I'd like to make a request for a ship. If you ever played Sonic the Hedgehog 2, you'd recognize this, but anyways- The ship should look like this-

~~Nommykins

I have a better idea - load up this picture in Superluminal, draw the rooms as you did on the second picture - post generated code and ask for further help.

Doing things yourself tend to give you a better idea of how you want it to play out.

I would've done that, but when I posted this, superluminal wasn't appearing on dropbox, so I couldn't do anything. Working on it now.
Nommykins

Postby Nommykins » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:07 pm

Alright, I have a .shp file ready, how do I find the code? Do I need a program for the .shp file?
Starfire

Postby Starfire » Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 pm

Save it as .ftl in SL and than rename to .zip, unpack and go from there.(the files are openable by notepad)
Nommykins

Postby Nommykins » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Starfire wrote:Save it as .ftl in SL and than rename to .zip, unpack and go from there.(the files are openable by notepad)

I've saved it as a .ftl, then I changed it to a .zip- When I try to unpack it, it gives me an error. I'm sorry, but I'm new to this D:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 pm

Nommykins wrote:
Starfire wrote:Save it as .ftl in SL and than rename to .zip, unpack and go from there.(the files are openable by notepad)

I've saved it as a .ftl, then I changed it to a .zip- When I try to unpack it, it gives me an error. I'm sorry, but I'm new to this D:

How did you rename it? Windows hates its users and you probably unknowingly renamed the file to "filename.zip.ftl"

There's a way to turn on file extensions in Explorer but I don't know it off the top of my head. I do everything at the CMD prompt. :)

If that doesn't work, what is the error you get? Knowing the error text may help figure out what is going on.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Nommykins

Postby Nommykins » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:46 pm

5thHorseman wrote:
Nommykins wrote:

How did you rename it? Windows hates its users and you probably unknowingly renamed the file to "filename.zip.ftl"

There's a way to turn on file extensions in Explorer but I don't know it off the top of my head. I do everything at the CMD prompt. :)

If that doesn't work, what is the error you get? Knowing the error text may help figure out what is going on.

CMD prompt didn't work, and the error is: "Can't open file because it is either damaged or invalid."
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:11 pm

You don't need to export the ship as .ftl - if you don't check the box in the export window, the editor will save your ship in "uncompiled" form, allowing you to freely post-edit it. The folder is named after the ship your mod replaces - say if you were replacing the Kestrel, the folder will be called PLAYER_SHIP_HARD
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL