Need some help with augments

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Zaffre

Need some help with augments

Postby Zaffre » Wed May 22, 2013 2:33 pm

I was browsing through the code when I found a whole bunch of unused augments. One of such is this...

Code: Select all

<augBlueprint name="FLIGHT_SUITS"> 
   <title>Integrated Flight Suits</title>
   <desc>Crews take half damage when in rooms without oxygen</desc>
   <cost>80</cost>
   <rarity>2</rarity>
   <value>0.5</value>
   <stackable>false</stackable>
</augBlueprint>

It's intriguing, and as I am currently developing a mod that may be reliant on things like this, I want it to work. Now, on to my question.

Would it be possible to create an augment to nullify all suffocation damage? Maybe somehow harness the code of the Ghost race (unused; requires no oxygen but has 50 HP) to put this into an augment and effect all crew members? Or simply just reduce it for crew members?
kartoFlane

Re: Need some help with augments

Postby kartoFlane » Wed May 22, 2013 2:59 pm

While we have no way of modifying crew abilities, or augment effects, we can modify their values (in some cases, at least), and it seems that in this case we can tweak the augment to work the way you want it to (assuming it's actually coded in the game and works that way, but is commented out, thus inaccessible)

Change the value property from 0.5 to 1.0 or 0, give it to a ship and see if it works.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Wed May 22, 2013 4:04 pm

kartoFlane wrote:While we have no way of modifying crew abilities, or augment effects, we can modify their values (in some cases, at least), and it seems that in this case we can tweak the augment to work the way you want it to (assuming it's actually coded in the game and works that way, but is commented out, thus inaccessible)

Change the value property from 0.5 to 1.0 or 0, give it to a ship and see if it works.

This had no effect; therefore I can assume that there is no way to use the augment in-game, and because you said that we can't actually modify crew abilities or augment effects, I would assume there isn't any way to make this a possibility. I could possibly just use the Ghost race as the crew but that had been done a lot so I was reluctant.

Thanks anyway.
shark

Postby shark » Wed May 22, 2013 5:46 pm

I went through most of those commented-out augments and gave them a shot... gave up after first 9 not working.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.