Spore to FTL ship conversion hub

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Spearka

Spore to FTL ship conversion hub

Postby Spearka » Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:16 pm

as a little celebration thing to the completion of my first ship, the Prometheus, i am now going to run a request service to convert Spore ships to FTL ships.
as such, all you need to do is request one of your Spore ship creations and I will convert it to a functional FTL ship
What i will accept
1.original ships
2.ships of complex design
3.original attack strategies (think of it yourself)
What i will NOT accept
1.simple, blocky ships, i don't want to waste time with art like that
2.Fighters, they are one-person ships with only a cockpit, as such, they are not suitable, unless they are specified as multi-person
3.Non-spore ships

what to expect on the completed FTL ship
1.unique attack strategy
2.custom drones and weapons

what not to expect on the completed FTL ship
1.Gibs

so to the those former spore players or those that still do, bring on the requests

as a little cookie thing and a preview, here is the Prometheus
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/q0sf66go7vq1vw ... -VbnA&dl=1

Replaces the Torus
Weapons-None
Drones-2 S-Drones
S-drones require 2 energy to use and have a rate of fire between the Mk 1 and the Mk 2 anti-ship drone
Augs-Drone recovery Arm

Advantages-
Very continuous, so not as prone to disabling
50HP, 2/3rds more health than other ships
doesn't consume drone parts as fast
weapons can be added easily
very easy medbay access

Disadvantages-
airlocks are only on the rear, making it prone to fire attack on the front
very hard to expand drone systems due to high scrap costs
cannot control which room to hit, meaning priorities mean nothing
pilot subsystem, cloaking and teleporter are almost isolated form the rest of the ship, making it a pain to transfer crew there
Last edited by Spearka on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.
speedoflight

Re: Spore to FTL ship conversion hub

Postby speedoflight » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:53 pm

Nice idea, too bad i dont have spore installed anymore. But we can get really good looking ships from there.

One thing, about fighters, they dont need to have only 1 cockpit, in fact, a lot of ships in FTL are marked as "fighters", and for the relative size of all ships in FTL, half of the ships are fighter sized and the other half are frigate sized.

Besides, if u dont limit to the FTL universe, u can have shuttles, that are bigger than fighters and can allow 2,3 or more crew. But if u are stucked with the idea of the typical tiny fighter made for only 1 person , u have not seen too many fighters then .. lol. Almost all the ship layouts presented in FTL, if u find a ship with a number of 2 crew members, that will be a big shuttle / big fighter. Those ships are relatively too small for being even a frigate..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Dugatee

Postby Dugatee » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:00 pm

Ah, the perfect opportunity to start up Spore! I'll post a link when I'm done.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500900816870
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:51 am

Hm, u making me to install spore again.. damn u.. :x :lol: , nah im too busy right now with my actual mod, but maybe after that i will make an use of spore ^^
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Spearka

Postby Spearka » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Dugatee wrote:Ah, the perfect opportunity to start up Spore! I'll post a link when I'm done.
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500900816870

I can convert this to an FTL ship however, i need to know its attack strategy, how the weapons work etc...
i also need a name of this thing
Spearka

Postby Spearka » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:02 pm

speedoflight wrote:Nice idea, too bad i dont have spore installed anymore. But we can get really good looking ships from there.

One thing, about fighters, they dont need to have only 1 cockpit, in fact, a lot of ships in FTL are marked as "fighters", and for the relative size of all ships in FTL, half of the ships are fighter sized and the other half are frigate sized.

Besides, if u dont limit to the FTL universe, u can have shuttles, that are bigger than fighters and can allow 2,3 or more crew. But if u are stucked with the idea of the typical tiny fighter made for only 1 person , u have not seen too many fighters then .. lol. Almost all the ship layouts presented in FTL, if u find a ship with a number of 2 crew members, that will be a big shuttle / big fighter. Those ships are relatively too small for being even a frigate..

you don't need it installed per se, I just need some unique spaceship creations i can FTL-ise, just mention an attack strategy as well
ArmedKevin117

Postby ArmedKevin117 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:37 pm

This still running? Put a ship together just for this thread. It's called the Void Dragon. Technically, I believe it counts as a fighter, but it has room for a full, if tightly packed, systems suite. Uses powerful engines and high agility to avoid enemy fire while shooting off it's two rapid-fire pulse lasers. If those don't work, it's third (and final) weapon slot houses a beam capable of bypassing shields to deliver a high-power EMP to a single target system. It's drone system is only powerful enough to support one drone, which repairs system damage during battle and hull damage outside. Due to it's small size, however, it can only support a crew of 4.

http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n51 ... d54aac.png

The image is on photobucket instead of the Spore website, but I imagine you know how to use the raw picture anyway;
C -> Users -> [your name] -> My Documents -> My Spore Creations -> UFOs
Drop it there and you can load it up in game.

Can't wait to see what you can do with it, and thanks for the good reason to get Spore installed on my new PC!
Darkoro10

Postby Darkoro10 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:49 pm

Is this still going on? I have a few spore ships i would love to fly in ftl! could i email / send by other means to you the raw image? Thanks in advance.