Warhammer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Mod -New Screens!-

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DauntlessK

Re: Warhammer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Mod

Postby DauntlessK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:08 pm

BrenTenkage wrote:Hmmm, I am curious on how this works, I've never played Warhammer so I am going to looking forward to playing this

Second on my to-do list after I complete a couple ships is to add a few weapons that will enhance the gameplay a bit (adding to the weapons already) that go along with the weaponry found in the 40k universe:

Lance Batteries
These will be high-powered, highly destructive lasers that are incapable of piercing shields at all. They will be one shot lasers that will do a few damage over time (possibly... I'm not sure if this is possible) so timing will be everything on firing this powerful weapon.

Torpedoes
Lumbering, huge, semi-active missiles basically, these giants will also consume ammo like their smaller cousins. But while these will do a bit extra damage for the same amount of power for a similarly tiered missile launcher, they are slower to reach the target (I hope this is possible to incorporate), slower to reload, and have a higher chance at missing.

Nova Cannon
Another huge weapon, this ballistic projectile will be a fast-striking cannon that draws upon large energy as well as missile ammo. While it does well enough against shields, it is much more effective against hull, ruining systems and breaching almost every time.

Can someone answer me this? How moddable are drone systems? I was thinking of creating something that emulates different boarding parties for various races but I'm guessing there can only be one different type of boarding drone? Thanks
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 pm

DauntlessK wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:Hmmm, I am curious on how this works, I've never played Warhammer so I am going to looking forward to playing this

Second on my to-do list after I complete a couple ships is to add a few weapons that will enhance the gameplay a bit (adding to the weapons already) that go along with the weaponry found in the 40k universe:

Lance Batteries
These will be high-powered, highly destructive lasers that are incapable of piercing shields at all. They will be one shot lasers that will do a few damage over time (possibly... I'm not sure if this is possible) so timing will be everything on firing this powerful weapon.

Torpedoes
Lumbering, huge, semi-active missiles basically, these giants will also consume ammo like their smaller cousins. But while these will do a bit extra damage for the same amount of power for a similarly tiered missile launcher, they are slower to reach the target (I hope this is possible to incorporate), slower to reload, and have a higher chance at missing.

Nova Cannon
Another huge weapon, this ballistic projectile will be a fast-striking cannon that draws upon large energy as well as missile ammo. While it does well enough against shields, it is much more effective against hull, ruining systems and breaching almost every time.

Can someone answer me this? How moddable are drone systems? I was thinking of creating something that emulates different boarding parties for various races but I'm guessing there can only be one different type of boarding drone? Thanks

Damage over time is not possible, altering missile speed is, and you can make new drones I think. As I said on my topic, I can help you with weapons if you want.
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:31 am

Lord0fHam wrote:Damage over time is not possible, altering missile speed is, and you can make new drones I think. As I said on my topic, I can help you with weapons if you want.

That is fine, damage over time wasn't going to be that big of a deal but that is awesome news about missile speed. Now about new boarding drones- say its possible to create new drones, but can you have multiple different types of boarding drones? For example if I wanted to create space marine boarding drones, then terminator boarding drones and then maybe a tyranid boarding drone, would that be possible? And how editable are the boarding drone stats? Can you speed them up, or make them slower, or edit their damage, health and possibly other attributes? Thanks.

I should probably have no problem designing and creating the weapons, however, I have not even looked at how to actually add them and mess with their attributes. If I had someone to do that, that would be just plain awesome.
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 am

Well I'll look into the other stuff, but I'll be happy to help you with the actual weapon and other things attributes if you help me with my art! :D
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:32 am

Damn, nice new signature!
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:37 am

Lord0fHam wrote:Damn, nice new signature!

Thanks dude! As a designer who loves his logos, I couldn't very well have just some ugly text promoting my mod! If you want I'll make you one for the halo mod... I believe I actually have the halo font. :D
Lord0fHam

Postby Lord0fHam » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:40 am

That would be super cool! Just so you know, I actually just tested changing the speed of missiles and it is definitely possible. If you want some big lumbering nuke that goes really slow, or some really fast 5 shots/1 damage hornett missiles, we can do that.
dante2ndadvent

Postby dante2ndadvent » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:57 am

Dude, this sounds insanely awesome. I'm no programmer, so I can't help with making the mod, but you can count on me the play test the hell out of this thing whenever you've got some part of it up and running. Good luck.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:59 am

Be sure to test your ideas in quick throwaway mods! Nothing is worse than realising a major feature will not be implemented because "it dun work that way". I felt that sting, i think all modders have. It's better to know ahead of time what will and what will not work, or else you will constantly find yourself redesigning the mod. Weapons in particular are very fussy and also very much tied into the ship they are placed on.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
shark

Postby shark » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:21 pm

Reading this thread inspires me to make a Blood Bowl mod for Tetris.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.