Warhammer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Mod -New Screens!-

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
DauntlessK

Warhammer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Mod -New Screens!-

Postby DauntlessK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:56 am

Here I begin my first major mod. I hope to start with mere ship replacement first and go from there... anyway, here's the beginnings of my work... This mod is meant to give you the feeling that you're a captain in the dark and twisted universe that is Warhammer 40,000. It is starting off as a ship, weapon mod, but will continue to grow into something even bigger.

New screenshots! I've added the "Imperious" to the game... weaponry not final, just showing off some of the weapons I've been toying with so far.

UPDATE 3! The art for the Imperial Cruiser "Imperious" has been finished! Cruiser has been put into the game, still need to do gibs and currently doing artwork for exclusive Imperial Cruiser weaponry.

To-do list:
• Finish the cruiser's art DONE
• Add cruiser to the game (do floor, shields, gibbs, engines, etc) 1/2 Done
• Do art for new weapons
• Add weaponry (with help from LordOfHam!)
---Release First Mod---
• Add more ships
• Add / tweak drone systems and such (fighters & Fighter bombers???)
• New augmentations
• Tweak gameplay (No ending / boss)
Last edited by DauntlessK on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
UltraMantis

Re: Battlefleet Gothic Mod

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:47 pm

Looking forward to it. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:09 pm

At the very least, I aim for this mod to include ships for all the major races of 40k: Imperial fleet, space marine, Chaos, Eldar, Dark Eldar, Necron, Tau, Ork, Tyranid, etc.

A weapons overhaul would be the next thing on the mod's to-do list. Mostly to include the lance batteries as powerful weapons that are unable to pierce shields, and possibly redoing weapon batteries in some way that will emulate the space warfare of BFG (broadsides). Though I doubt such an overhaul involving mass weapon batteries will come about, it poses too many problems I think.

Redoing the playable races is up there too, but I am not quite sure how in the world a Tyranid or a Chaos Marine would every be on the same ship in cooperation with an Eldar...

Overall though, my biggest wish is to change the game away from a "flee for your life" game with a boss at end. Though it doesn't really have much to do with 40k, I respect the game mode and enjoy it for what it is. But personally it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing there was an open sandbox-type mode that involves free trading. There are plenty of games out there that involve this sort of thing, but nothing with combat and depth that FTL has. Whether I'd make it a free-roam type trading game where you work your way up or turn it into a war between races that you participate, I'm not sure. It would be cool to set up one large sector that each star is held by a particular faction, and each star is fought over, with various stars providing certain advantages to it's faction. I think it is the missing campaign that FTL needs.

From what I've read though, doing this with FTL is beyond difficult, if possible at all... But hey, with enough time... maybe...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Just dont burn out. What you aim to acomplish is very ambitious. You have our support and thanks, but that may not be enough. ;) Just take your time.
DauntlessK

Re: Warhammer 40k - Battlefleet Gothic Mod

Postby DauntlessK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:10 am

Vector version is done and posted above! What do you think?
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:43 am

Looks good...hopefully there will be a unique weapon to go with it
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:02 am

DauntlessK wrote:Vector version is done and posted above! What do you think?

Too good. :mrgreen:
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:03 am

Hmmm, I am curious on how this works, I've never played Warhammer so I am going to looking forward to playing this
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:51 am

BrenTenkage wrote:Hmmm, I am curious on how this works, I've never played Warhammer so I am going to looking forward to playing this

Wow, Warhammer40k really hits my nerd spot. In a good way. :D Final Liberation was an awseome game for me. And while not exactly War40k, Emperor of the Fading Suns was similar in theme, and also awesome. Imagine Civ2 with several planetmaps to fight over at once. And space fleets of course.
Then there's Dawn of War which would be a wet dream, but i really really suck at hysterically fast paced RTS games. Still loved the hell out of Dark Crusade, and turtled as much as i could. :lol:

I don't know why i like it. It's quite lame in many ways, but i can't help it.
DauntlessK

Postby DauntlessK » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:36 pm

Wow, Warhammer40k really hits my nerd spot.

I don't know why i like it. It's quite lame in many ways, but i can't help it

I agree. Sci-fi-wise and canonicaly, its got a ton of holes. But in my opinion, it has the best lore and background to it of just about anything I can think of. Not to mention space marines are so badass, AND the space ships are uber sweet (huge capital ships are my style, kms long, not small fighters) and the combat style that takes after WWI and the age of sail is one of a kind.

The video games are pretty sweet, and I could see this merging with space hulk (which would be killer) if FTL were more moddable... Final liberation is awesome.