TheUltimaton

Re: The Shipyard

Postby TheUltimaton » Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Oops. I meant the vanilla ships.
So sorry! :roll:
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:26 pm

You can unpack the game's archives using SMM (File > Extract dats...) -- this will allow you to get to all of the in-game images
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:46 am

http://opengameart.org/content/space-sh ... uction-kit
http://opengameart.org/content/space-sh ... tion-kit-2
Here's a spritesheet full of make-it-yourself ship parts. You can download a .psd and manipulate each image as a separate layer!
JustTheDoctor

Postby JustTheDoctor » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:31 pm

Hi all, I'm fairly new here, but I thought that I would upload some files from a mod I failed to make, so someone else may be able to finish it.

I was attempting to make a Bellator-class battlecruiser from Star Wars, but it would just crash my game when I attempted to play with it. I have the images for the ship base itself and a shield, but someone would have to make the rest. If someone wants to give it a try, let me know so I can post the images.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:37 pm

EDIT: It turns out, I was gonna use this ship hull for somethin'. Removed from here, sorry.
Last edited by NarnKar on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:09 am

That thing looks a lot like an oversized beam emitter... :lol:
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:58 am

Pretty cool ship Ciurrioc, but I think you missed the point of the thread. It's not necessarily to show off ship hulls or ship mods we've done, but to donate unused ship hull images so that other people can use them. In that regard, since you've finished your ship mod, and since you've not posted a clean hull image, I'm not entirely sure your post belongs in this thread.

That having been said,
I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶K̶i̶e̶v̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶R̶e̶b̶e̶l̶ ̶C̶r̶u̶i̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶p̶r̶i̶t̶e̶.̶ ̶S̶p̶e̶c̶i̶f̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶
t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶h̶o̶u̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶i̶n̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶b̶e̶l̶ ̶C̶r̶u̶i̶s̶e̶r̶ ̶
l̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶s̶u̶s̶p̶i̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶l̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶(̶o̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶z̶e̶d̶ ̶F̶e̶d̶e̶r̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶S̶c̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶e̶n̶g̶i̶n̶e̶s̶)̶.̶ ̶
I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶d̶a̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶i̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶.̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶h̶a̶p̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶s̶p̶l̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶i̶b̶s̶ ̶
f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶C̶a̶p̶t̶a̶i̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶E̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶e̶b̶e̶l̶ ̶C̶r̶u̶i̶s̶e̶r̶?̶
̶
̶I̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶"̶d̶o̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶t̶r̶i̶b̶u̶t̶e̶ ̶u̶n̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶m̶i̶t̶t̶e̶d̶"̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶
s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶i̶p̶ ̶h̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶a̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶t̶l̶e̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶.̶ ̶
T̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶I̶D̶K̶,̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶p̶y̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶i̶c̶e̶.̶

Retracted, in light of what Kieve said down-thread. Also edited multiple times so it would format correctly.

Some other things I noticed: I am not entirely sure your fifth weapon will work correctly--for me, targeting with a fifth weapon will break the game. The fifth weapon mount is usually reserved for Artillery.

Your room images are really nice, too, just something else I noticed.
Last edited by NarnKar on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:53 am

NarnKar wrote:That having been said, I think your hull image borrows some parts from Kieve's Rebel Cruiser sprite. Specifically, the back of your hull, housing the engines, and the back of the Rebel Cruiser look suspiciously similar (once you remove the oversized Federation Scout engines). I could be wrong here, but it looks pretty dang similar to me. Perhaps you spliced together gibs from Captain's Edition without knowing who made the Rebel Cruiser?

That would only matter if he'd reposted / repainted the Destroyer and was claiming it as original. It was created from splicing default Rebel ship parts together though, same as dozens of other ships, so there's not much to "infringe" on anyway, unless Matt & Justin decide to start taking issue with spliced ships as a whole (which I doubt).

The rest of what you said stands though. Were you planning on making it a resource, Ciurrioc?
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:15 am

Wait, the Rebel Destroyer's a splice? Dang, Kieve, you're really good at splices.