[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
speedoflight

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - 24-3-13u

Postby speedoflight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Crusher wrote:Alright, I have a silly question and a deeper problem (Note: I am a Mac user). Silly question: how do I delete a weapon mount? Deeper problem: when I export a ship, patch it into FTL with Grognak's Mod Manager, and then load the patched ship into the hanger, the game crashes. This happens even when I load a .ftl of a default ship. Now, this could be either a problem with Superluminal or the Mod Manager. It's hard for me to tell because I don't really see any error messages (though if you know how I can find some error messages or an easy way to test whether it's Superluminal or Mod Manager that would be helpful). Like the other person, I am unable to export the ship with interior images. Kinda don't think that's the problem but maybe?

Did u look into the txt files to see if there is something clearly wrong?? some values in the wrong place, some missing typos, etc i mean, the good thing on moddinf for FTL is that u can change everything that u are modding through text files, so if the game crashes, the solution is in the txt files. Of course if u have completely no idea on how to even explore the .txt / xml files... thats another story ;) i say this, cuz i dont think it will be easy to find out wats the problem without looking at the files... and once u see the mistake in the files, its easier to solve it on the superluminal code..
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Crusher

Postby Crusher » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:21 pm

I've glanced through those files and don't see any problems, but I'm not particularly skilled at this.

One more question: What is the difference between the power and level of a system?
Crusher's Type C(hallenge) Mod Ships containing:
Mantis Type C: The Sarcosuchus (No O2!)
Engi Type C: The Singularity (Boarding Drones!)
Zoltan Type C: The Annihilator (No Starting Reactor Power!)
Rock Type C: Krakatoa (Fire Boarding!)
Zanoko

Postby Zanoko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:34 pm

Crusher wrote:One more question: What is the difference between the power and level of a system?

Level is how advanced. Power is how much automatic power is put in to it at the start. That's mainly for systems like Weapons, O2 and Drones. Active systems. Passive systems like Door and Pilots don't use it.

EDIT: my problem xD for some reason it's ALT click for me x.x
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:58 pm

Yeah, it's been changed from shift-clicking to alt-right clicking (due to shift-drag implemented in 24-3)
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Zanoko

Postby Zanoko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:02 pm

the drop down hints should be updated then x.x
Crusher

Postby Crusher » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:52 pm

Zanoko wrote:
Crusher wrote:One more question: What is the difference between the power and level of a system?

Level is how advanced. Power is how much automatic power is put in to it at the start. That's mainly for systems like Weapons, O2 and Drones. Active systems. Passive systems like Door and Pilots don't use it.

EDIT: my problem xD for some reason it's ALT click for me x.x

Do you have to make sure the amount of power in your reactor matches or exceeds the amount of power in your systems then?
Zanoko

Postby Zanoko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:58 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure. I do it out of habit anyway. But I'd assume so.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Level sets up the level of the system that the ship will start with. Power was supposed to set the amount of power that is put in that system at start, but that only works for enemy ships, and not exactly like that (because for enemy ships level = max level, power = min level of the system, for rising difficulty).
So in short, power does nothing for player ships.

@Zanoko
Gah, thanks for reminding me, I must've forgotten about them :E

edit:
@Crusher
This is really weird, I can't figure it out -- it's not loading properly in Superluminal either. I just did the same and exported Shivan, and then loaded it without any troubles... I'm completely out of ideas as to what's going on.
Last edited by kartoFlane on Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Zanoko

Postby Zanoko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:29 pm

o.o They work for me >.> But maybe I'm just lucky as hack XD and no problem ^^
Crusher

Postby Crusher » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:12 pm

kartoFlane wrote:edit:
@Crusher
This is really weird, I can't figure it out -- it's not loading properly in Superluminal either. I just did the same and exported Shivan, and then loaded it without any troubles... I'm completely out of ideas as to what's going on.

Did you do all of this on a Mac?