[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
5thHorseman

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - version 13-12-22

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:50 am

Mr_Wary wrote:
English Narwhal wrote:You could just... not add any of the new systems...

Ok thank you, it's my plan.
I just didn't know if the update changed the basics systems too !

It changes scanners and doors, though I don't know what happens if you don't have a station in the room. I imagine there's a default (upper left corner facing up, or something like that). And ships in the Federation (Osprey) class can now have cloaks, though if you don't have one on your ship it won't break anything you just can't buy it.

Other than that, no. Nothing on ships has changed.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
ScubaSteve3465

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:17 pm

I know right? I can barely modify weapons and systems in XML, there's no way I could build a ship. Can't wait for the update. Not rushing but i hope its soon, can't wait to get back to making ships.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:51 am

How would i use the Development version on Github? I downloaded the SRC folder with the files but im not sure how to compile it into a working program. It seems like that only place to to get a WIP version of Superluminal for AE.
Shalashalska

Postby Shalashalska » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:31 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:How would i use the Development version on Github? I downloaded the SRC folder with the files but im not sure how to compile it into a working program. It seems like that only place to to get a WIP version of Superluminal for AE.

It should compile just like any other java application. However, the last change on git is 3 months old, so the source is actually behind the current release version.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:22 am

I'm not really updating the old repo anymore -- the last change I made was to "downgrade" the editor to be able to launch with Java 6 (Mac people rejoice, by the way -- just redownload the latest release), and didn't bother pushing it to Github.

If you're looking to follow the development of the AE-compatible version, here's the new repo. Just keep in mind that you'll need the libraries to be able to launch the program (Eclipse's SWT, log4j2 and jDOM2.0.5), and that it's not yet functional, though I've made some progress over the last week.

I'll get around to getting a Maven build script sometime in the future...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Conexus

Postby Conexus » Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:17 pm

When I double click on resource.dat superluminal stops responding, how do I stop it from doing that?

EDIT: Ignore this post, turns out my computer is just incredibly slow.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:07 pm

kartoFlane wrote:I'm not really updating the old repo anymore -- the last change I made was to "downgrade" the editor to be able to launch with Java 6 (Mac people rejoice, by the way -- just redownload the latest release), and didn't bother pushing it to Github.

If you're looking to follow the development of the AE-compatible version, here's the new repo. Just keep in mind that you'll need the libraries to be able to launch the program (Eclipse's SWT, log4j2 and jDOM2.0.5), and that it's not yet functional, though I've made some progress over the last week.

I'll get around to getting a Maven build script sometime in the future...

Thanks for the reply, if its not yet functional then i guess I'll keep trying to learn XML editing lol. Let me know once your further along if you need any testers, although I'm sure you'll have plenty of people waiting and willing for that. Do you have any timetable for when you think a working alpha will be available? Just curious.
Sparky98798

Postby Sparky98798 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:08 am

Kartoflane, in the AE version, is it possible in the FTL Engine to have both Clone Bay and Medbay at the same time? Also, will the system limit still be in place? Is it possible to have all the systems in a ship?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:59 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Do you have any timetable for when you think a working alpha will be available? Just curious.

The new version in its current state could technically be considered as working alpha, though it lacks ship saving, gibs, glows, and a couple other features I wanted to include -- and I'm still struggling with some other peculiar stuff.
So first release will probably be sometime in May.

Sparky98798 wrote:Kartoflane, in the AE version, is it possible in the FTL Engine to have both Clone Bay and Medbay at the same time? Also, will the system limit still be in place? Is it possible to have all the systems in a ship?

Well, FTL:AE technically has a limit of 8 systems, that you can't go beyond with in-game purchases. However, it is possible to have a ship that starts with all 10 systems already available. The UI, surprisingly, doesn't seem to break.
Clonebay and Medbay always replace each other, even if you have a ship that starts with both in different rooms -- only the system that was declared later will be available.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:27 pm

Thanks for your reply Kart, i was checking this thread daily hoping for an update. Atleast now i know we got a few more weeks to go. Keep it up man, you got the best tool around.