[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
agigabyte

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - version 13-12-22

Postby agigabyte » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:45 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@agigabyte
That's a crash report from SMM, and it means that the manager can't find modorder.txt in /mods/ folder. Make sure that both exist.

@RAD-82
The "calculate optimal offset" feature uses a formula that has been guessed based on offsets from vanilla ships, so it is quite possible that the offset may not always be exactly optimal for every layout you can dream up, but it should come pretty damn close.
Regarding the hangar image, I actually did entertain the idea quite a long time ago, but never went through with it -- I didn't know how to incorporate it nicely.
However, I'm currently rewriting the editor in preparation for AE, so it's quite likely I'll finally introduce this idea...

Lol, failed. But I fixed that a while back with SMM.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:25 pm

So, at least one problem with the editor not starting on Macs has been resolved! C'n'P from the updated FAQ:

Q: I've got a Mac, and the program doesn't start when I try to run it!
A: It's likely a problem with permissions -- sometimes the program isn't allowed to run by default. To fix this, read this post, and/or watch TaxiService's explanatory video.

That still doesn't fix the issue with Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 despite having the correct version of Java, though... That one's still a mystery.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
MedicRules41

Postby MedicRules41 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Once more, (now that I'm a little more fluent with its features) I have to say that this is my favorite gaming utility for any game I've played, far over MagicLauncher, DayZCommander, or anything else. Wonderful, wonderful job. I love the concept of creating my own ships, from bare-bones ones to ones that make the Flagship look like a pansy. I can't wait for AE, and hope you will continue working on this project through the update.

I also have a secret hope that, maybe, by some miracle of God, the devs rewrote the entire game to work in a folder structure. But the odds of that are approximately 3,720 to 1.
Macil2018

Postby Macil2018 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Is it possible to add interior artwork to non-system rooms? Or system rooms like the Teleporter? I've always felt FTL ships were lacking detail on the inside. I have some really great interior ideas and Superluminal is not letting me add them. =(
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Macil2018 wrote:Is it possible to add interior artwork to non-system rooms? Or system rooms like the Teleporter? I've always felt FTL ships were lacking detail on the inside. I have some really great interior ideas and Superluminal is not letting me add them. =(

Nope -- sadly that's not possible, that's why the editor doesn't allow it.
Macil2018

Postby Macil2018 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Man! That's too bad! I've been working all day on these interior shots. =(

And what gives with the bleached out color after I've exported my project? The final product looks like someone took and raised the gamma all the way up, you can barely tell what it looks like.

kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:38 pm

Huh, that's odd. All the editor does, is copying the images over to the .ftl file, so there's no place for it to screw anything up.
One of the plausible reasons for this could be missing glow images. Have you added them to the mannable systems? (when you right-click on a room with a system, the popup menu should have a Set glow images... option at the bottom)
Macil2018

Postby Macil2018 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Would I have to set that? I'm not modifying a preexisting ship. I would assume the glows would already be there. I didn't have to set the gibs, shields, cloak, etc?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:19 pm

Yup. Glow images are linked to the interior image you have assigned to the system. If you change the interior image, you (generally) also have to reassign the glow images. You can use the ones already in the game if they match the stations' locations.
...it's also quite possible I forgot to implement glow image loading, though I'm not exactly sure :|
Macil2018

Postby Macil2018 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:38 pm

So, I tried re-assigning the glows and it still seems hazy. I'm not sure what else I could be doing wrong.