[Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal [NOT UPDATED TO AE]

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Cyl0

Re: [Tool] FTL Ship Editor: Superluminal - 5-3-13b

Postby Cyl0 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 am

Okay that fixed everything except a slight bug with the 1x3 room. The 1x3 room is a much darker than the rest of the rooms, I guess I could do a work around by making the room graphic (with floor tiles includes) extra bright, but it wont be perfect.

Is there something else that is bugged with 1x3 rooms or why aren't they used? (Also is there a way to fix the darkening of the room?
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:38 pm

Works fine as fare as I can tell.

One thing: The ship interior images are not all there. 2 rooms were missing when I started my custom ship, but could be a mistake on my part.. dunno have to check.

Also it didnt saved what rooms were available at the start, when I loaded the .shp file.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
sorencollins

Postby sorencollins » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:10 pm

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/kartoflane/superluminal/core/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

Help? I'm running a mac, tried both versions, this is what I got with the 64 bit,

Exception in thread "Thread-1" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/kartoflane/superluminal/core/Main : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

This was my 32 bit.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:21 pm

First off, sorry for not being around for several days - my router broke down and it took a bit of time to get everything back up and running.
Now...

@sorencollins
Your Mac is using Java 6 by default. You need Java 7 to run the editor. Read "How To Set Up And Use" Macs section in the first post again.

@Metzelmax
Weird. There shouldn't be any issues, as long as you haven't moved the images anywhere. The editor should spew out info about a missing image in debug.log (might require debug mode on, though)

@Cyl0
That's weird. Will look into it, though it should be working perfectly. And no, room's size doesn't matter in this case.
Glow images get exported only if they're in the same directory as the base image, and are properly named (the same convention as in the game files - i.e., systemname_glow#.png). Perhaps in the future I will add an option to browse them like the other images, but that's scheduled for a later date.
As for the darker rooms, I recall someone having a similar issue... I don't really remember what was the cause. I'd advise searching the forums.

@Weltall
*sigh*
It doesn't matter where you place the ship in the editor. The only thing that matters is the distance between the anchor (light-blue box) and the rooms closest to it - this designates the offset of the ship, which in turn is the value that decides where the ship is placed in the hangar.
For an example, open up the Kestrel in the editor. It has offset values of (0,2). Now, if you look at the anchor, you'll see that the distance to the closest room on the X axis is 0, and on the Y axis - 2. This is the offset.

@Husky
Oh, you can't do that then. Gibs are displayed only when the Gib Editor "tool" is chosen. If you switch to any other, they are hidden. What's stopping you from taking the picture while in gib editor, though?
As for the driver slot, if I understood you correctly... While System Station Tool is selected, left click on a slot in the room, this places the station at that slot. Then you can left-click on that slot to rotate the station. Right-click anywhere in the room to remove the station.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Cyl0

Postby Cyl0 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:58 am

Tell me if there is any way to help you by providing files/logs.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:41 am

The part of code exporting interior images has no debug messages, so that won't do any good...

Anyway, for future reference:
The debug.log contains all logs, though without debug modes enabled it'll only report crash traces.
To enable debug modes, open up superluminal.bat with any text editor and modify the second line of the file, so that it looks like this (or just copy and paste):
start /b javaw.exe -jar superluminal_win64.jar -debug -IOdebug -log
Change win64 to 32, if that's the version you're using. Then double-click on that file (superluminal.bat), it'll run the editor.

edit
Ah, I think I remember what the issue with dark rooms was - make sure that your room interior images have corresponding _glow# images.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Cyl0

Postby Cyl0 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:01 pm

Cool thanks for the help Il look into it later today, and try a new export it again. (With the new knowledge that I can place glow files in the same folder i import room images from.)
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:26 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@Weltall
*sigh*
It doesn't matter where you place the ship in the editor. The only thing that matters is the distance between the anchor (light-blue box) and the rooms closest to it - this designates the offset of the ship, which in turn is the value that decides where the ship is placed in the hangar.
For an example, open up the Kestrel in the editor. It has offset values of (0,2). Now, if you look at the anchor, you'll see that the distance to the closest room on the X axis is 0, and on the Y axis - 2. This is the offset.

Now, im confused, and i thought i have everything clear by now... u said 3 or 4 posts before that the anchor is useless, that its only purpose is to move the ship around in the editor... i mean, if i move the anchor but the ship stays in the same place in the editor, it will change the offset of the ship¿?¿???? oh my god.. lol. i always start with the anchor just in the top left corner of the editor (i always move it to that position) and i try to place my ship work in the 9,1 cell, that is supossed to be the defaul game position of all ships. After that i make my ship and i dont move it for nothing. Still, i alway sneed to replace it manually in the txt files because the position in the hangar is always wrong.
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
speedoflight

Postby speedoflight » Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Cyl0 wrote:Okay that fixed everything except a slight bug with the 1x3 room. The 1x3 room is a much darker than the rest of the rooms, I guess I could do a work around by making the room graphic (with floor tiles includes) extra bright, but it wont be perfect.

Is there something else that is bugged with 1x3 rooms or why aren't they used? (Also is there a way to fix the darkening of the room?

The darkening room is produce because the game cant find a proper image file for that room, so maybe u are refering to the wrong image file or something. And if u make an interior image for a system room, and u dont include the glows, the room will appear darkened as well. 1x3 rooms are supported but if u place a door in the side, and u vent the air from that door, u will see how the oxygen is venting in the space, not in the cell below the first one. Dunno if u know wat im saying. Same thing happens with 1x1 rooms, 1x 3 or more cells, etc. For example, 1x2, 2x1, 2x2, 2,4, 4x2, those are the proportional sizes (rectangular) that should be supported, but i didnt test em. And no, u cant use an image in a room without systems, its not supported (those rooms will be always white).
My currently mods / wips ->
ImageImage
Weltall Zero

Postby Weltall Zero » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:03 pm

kartoFlane wrote:@Weltall
*sigh*

I am perfectly aware of this, of course. After all, I did calculate the optimal offset formulae, which obviously is in respect to the anchor.

My issue is that in the editor, the floor, hull and rooms all align perfectly (with respect to each other). Then when loading them, the rooms are displaced a few squares with respect to the hull and floor. Perhaps a picture (or four) are worth a thousand words: