[v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Torchwood202

Re: [v1.1][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:37 pm

If I create a custom augment, which one should it replace? (you can't create a new augment, you only can edit existing ones)
lol... Neuron And Total Annihilation Robot

Replace the Augmentation "Drone Reactor Booster" (Its crap). Remove that specific Aug for Engi B, and create the custom aug to how you want it to be (KEEP IT SECRET)
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:05 pm

As soon as you arrive at the beacon, you detect multiple weapons locked on your ship! You turn to look and see a planet with a military base...with rather large guns. A ship, armed to the teeth, approaches and attempts to hail you and lock on at the same time.

1. Explain your mission
2. Get out of there!
3. Have you Mantis open communications (Blue option)
4. Use your upgraded engines to escape (Blue option)

1a. You fast-talk your way through the whole thing. Apparently, rebels have been bombarding this base for a long time, putting the citizens of edge. They apologize and give you some scrap. (Medium scrap)
1b. As you begin to talk, several laser volleys are coming your way! You escape before more damage can be done. (4-6 hull damage)
1c. As you begin to talk, the ship opens fire! (Random battle)

2a. You successfully maneuver out of the lock-ons and prepare to warp away.
2b. You barely get away with a few a scratches. (1-2 hull damage)

3. Your Mantis's presence is enough to get your ship shot at right away. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea... (4-5 hull damage)

4. With upgrades engines, you easily escape the military base. The armed ship purses you, but gives up when he sees your speed and FTL's away.
einarcf

Postby einarcf » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:28 am

Right after you jump to this beacon, you discover a old space station near a blue planet. :mrgreen:

1. Scrap it

2. Leave

3.Beam some crew into the space station (Blue option)

1a. You scrap it and then you leave (Medium scrap)
1b.After you scrap it, you discover that you are not alone... (Low scarp and random fight)

2a. You leave the station and prepere the next jump.

3a You find 1 human that happely offer to join your crew. You strip the station. (high scrap and a human)
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:47 pm

Torchwood202 wrote:(...)
3. Have you Mantis open communications (Blue option)
(...)
3. Your Mantis's presence is enough to get your ship shot at right away. Perhaps it wasn't the best idea... (4-5 hull damage)
(...)

Blue options ingame are failsafe, so to actually make them risky are a great way to make you think twice before you click it. I still laugh about the conclusion text. Great one.
greetingsfromoslo

Postby greetingsfromoslo » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Torchwood202 wrote:As soon as you arrive at the beacon, you see a blinding flash of light! A human figure stands...or floats outside your spaceship. "Greetings Captain." He says in a booming voice. "I know of your mission, and I am here to help you."

1[a]. You chose to trust the strange, yet god-like man. He transports a augmentation onto your ship! He leave in the same way he came, and you wonder...who the heck was that? (NATAR augmentation added)

As with any options, it should be necessary to assume any risks. A bad conclusion might be:

1b. Never sleep on duty! You burst out of your sweet dream to an eardeafening alarm. Your ships FTL drive is about to overload and you are behind the controls. Frantically you try to press all the necessary buttons, but the sleep has slowed your pace. An explosion criple the engine and ruptures the fuel tank. All of the ships fuel spill into cold space. You will have plenty of time to sleep while you wait for someone to find your stranded ship.

(The entire engine room catch fire and the fuel supply goes down to 0.)
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:21 pm

greetingsfromoslo wrote:
Torchwood202 wrote:As soon as you arrive at the beacon, you see a blinding flash of light! A human figure stands...or floats outside your spaceship. "Greetings Captain." He says in a booming voice. "I know of your mission, and I am here to help you."

1[a]. You chose to trust the strange, yet god-like man. He transports a augmentation onto your ship! He leave in the same way he came, and you wonder...who the heck was that? (NATAR augmentation added)

As with any options, it should be necessary to assume any risks. A bad conclusion might be:

1b. Never sleep on duty! You burst out of your sweet dream to an eardeafening alarm. Your ships FTL drive is about to overload and you are behind the controls. Frantically you try to press all the necessary buttons, but the sleep has slowed your pace. An explosion criple the engine and ruptures the fuel tank. All of the ships fuel spill into cold space. You will have plenty of time to sleep while you wait for someone to find your stranded ship.

(The entire engine room catch fire and the fuel supply goes down to 0.)

I'm not sure if I can make the engine room catch fire, but I can limit it to 1 bar or something
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
Snarks

Re: [v1.2][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby Snarks » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:17 am

Can humans be used for blue options? Also, does anyone remember if the Rebels have any nonhumans in their ranks? I don't recall seeing any, but I might be wrong.
UltraMantis

Re: [v1.2][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:35 pm

Blue options are supposed to be rewards and bonus options. Of course you could turn them upside down if you wanted to add confusion.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Satonakaja

Re: [v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby Satonakaja » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:43 pm

Humans don't have many (if any) blue options, (they're common and uninteresting!) but you might be able to mess around with that.

The Rebels have no non-humans in their ranks, since they're kind of. . . technologically superior human supremacists?
Thunderbird980

Re: [v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby Thunderbird980 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:17 pm

Feel free to add this stuff, if you like it.

(My post in the other eventmod:)
I've made some new surrender events (including a secret boss - he is hard but beatable), because I think the surrender options in the game are kinda boring. If you have use for them, feel free to add them. There is still room to add more though, could have some more pleasant ones maybe xD