[v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
SeanRaider87

Re: [v1.3][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby SeanRaider87 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 am

I posted an idea on the other events mod. This one seems to be a lot more active though, so here goes nothing.

*Can be found in any type of sector.*

A freighter hails you. He explains that on a recent trade expedition, he was doing hasty repairs and forgot to properly attach one of his guns. He gives you the piece that stayed on and transmits the coordinates of the other half to your map. He tells you that it's yours if you find it and flies away.
(Adds a quest marker to your map in the same sector.)
(At quest beacon.) You find the weapon specified by the freighter pilot floating in space.

1. Attempt to bring it onboard.
2. (Blue) (Long-Ranged Scanners) Scan the area.
3. (Blue) (Slug Crew Member)
Ask your slug to scan the area.
4. (Blue) (Cloaking) Sneak towards the weapon and grab it. (New weapon.)
5. Fly away, you have a bad feeling about it.

1a. You manage to pull it inside and install it onto your ship. (New weapon.)
1b. Your hull shakes and sirens blare. An ambush! (Pirate fight.) After scrapping the debris of the pirate ship, you install the weapon on your ship. (New weapon.)

2a. You find nothing on the scanners and move in on the weapon. (New weapon.)
2b. You detect an enemy ship in the distance. They don't seem to have scanners.
2c. You detect nothing so you move in for the weapon. But a pirate ship uncloaks and moves towards you! (Pirate fight.)
After scrapping the debris of the pirate ship, you install the weapon on your ship. (New weapon.)

3a. Your slug reports nothing. You move in on the weapon. (New weapon.)
3b. Your slug detects a life form in the distance. He reports a blind spot directly behind him.
3c. Your slug detects nothing so you move in for the weapon. But a pirate ship uncloaks and moves towards you! (Pirate fight.)
After scrapping the debris of the pirate ship, you install the weapon on your ship. (New weapon.)

2ba. Sneak up on him and plant timed explosives. (Missiles -4)
You back away and watch the fireworks. You scrap the debris from his ship, grab the weapon and prepare to jump. (New weapon and ship loot.)
2bb. Fire at the back of his ship.

3ba. Sneak up on him and plant timed explosives. (Missiles -4)
You back away and watch the fireworks. You scrap the debris from his ship, grab the weapon and prepare to jump. (New weapon and ship loot.)
3bb. Fire at the back of his ship.

2bba. His ship breaks apart. You scrap the debris and take the weapon. (New weapon and ship loot.)
2bbb. Either he has a responsive AI or incredible reflexes. He manages to dodge and block every shot and turns around to return fire. (Pirate fight.)

3bba. His ship breaks apart. You scrap the debris and take the weapon. (New weapon and ship loot.)
3bbb. Either he has a responsive AI or incredible reflexes. He manages to dodge and block every shot and turns around to return fire. (Pirate fight.)

I have many more ideas, but i haven't written them down yet. Expect more in the future.
Snarks

Postby Snarks » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:17 am

I wanted something for the humans since they had absolutely nothing in terms of special interaction with the universe. I might write up a few more if this is well received.

Event name: Rebel ship with broken sensors

Sector: Distress Beacon with Ship

Event is most likely in a Rebel controlled sector.

Initial Event Description

A Rebel ship is in the immediate area. You order your crew to power up the weapons, but before you can fire, they hail, "It's about time someone from the fleet got here. Our sensors are out, and we can't risk continuing to transport the cargo."

1. Explain to them you are not a part of the Rebel forces.
2. Continue powering up weapons and prepare to destroy them. <Combat is initiated.>
3. (Human Crew) Lie to them about being a part of the Rebel fleet and take the cargo.

Response 1A - 50% chance

"Well, this is embarrassing. Just leave us then."

<Event end. You can jump to the next sector.>

Response 1B - 50% chance

The rebel ship has shut down its communication link, and they are moving into an attack vector!

<Event end. Two to three boarders beam aboard your ship. Combat is initiated.>

Response 2 - 100% chance

<Event end. Combat is initiated.>

Response 3A - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard a package containing a weapon.

<Event end. Receive a weapon.>

Response 3B - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard a package containing an augmentation.

<Event end. Receive an augmentation.>

Response 3C - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard a package containing missiles and drone parts.

<Event end. Receive a large amount of missiles and drone parts.>

Response 4D - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard several containers of fuel.

<Event end. Receive a large amount of fuel.>

Response 3E - 20% chance

The Rebel ship beams aboard an armed contingent of soldiers! They are momentarily confused, but upon realization that they are on a Federation ship, they pull out their weapons!

<Event end. Two to three boarders beam aboard your ship. Combat is initiated.>
Satonakaja

Postby Satonakaja » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:22 am

Question: Can crew members be generated with experience?

I would doubt it, since not even Kazaak gets any skills when recruited, but it'd be a nice flavor to add.
Thunderbird980

Postby Thunderbird980 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Satonakaja wrote:Question: Can crew members be generated with experience?

I would doubt it, since not even Kazaak gets any skills when recruited, but it'd be a nice flavor to add.

I don't think this is possible.
alextfish

Re: [v1.1][WIP] FTL TotalEventMod!

Postby alextfish » Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:43 pm

nataryeahbuddy wrote:If I create a custom augment, which one should it replace? (you can't create a new augment, you only can edit existing ones)
You can create new augments. They won't have any effect, but that's fine for McGuffins that sit on your ship waiting for other events to look at them.

Incidentally, you also get to specify the cash value of the augment. You can use this to give scrap indirectly to the player - they only get the scrap when they sell the new augment.

Satonakaja wrote:Question: Can crew members be generated with experience?

It would be lovely, but sadly it's not possible at the moment.

Snarks wrote:Can humans be used for blue options? Also, does anyone remember if the Rebels have any nonhumans in their ranks? I don't recall seeing any, but I might be wrong.
Humans can be used for blue options, though I don't think the base game has any events like that. FTL Infinite Space does though.
Many years ago I created the FTL Starcraft mod: 18 new challenging ships to fly through the FTL universe!, and wrote a tutorial on creating your own FTL ships. They haven't been updated for AE though.
Torchwood202

Postby Torchwood202 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:20 pm

NATAR will be back to code you ideas within a couple of weeks. He is currently busy at the giving time. Please hold...
And continue posting ideas!
ruler

Postby ruler » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:52 pm

A nearby settlement hails you, requesting that you stay and help them fight against raiding pirates that are expected to come any time now.
1. Wait one turn for the pirates.
- 75%, pirates come the next turn, if you defeat them you get a reward
- 25%, pirates do not come next turn. Event repeats.
2. Leave them to fend for themselves.
3. (blue - require mantis) Leave your Mantis crewmember to help them fight the pirates.
- reward
4. (blue - require weapon in cargo) Give them your spare weapon.
- reward

This beacon has been placed too close to a nearby sun. A research vessel frantically hails you. Their FTL system is faulty and placed them here. During their repair attempts, cargo containing their research material broke off from their craft, and they fear they will be unable to recover it in time to escape. They ask that you take the cargo to their research lab.
1. (blue - require teleporter) Take the cargo on board and agree to meet them later.
- Quest beacon nearby, where they give you a reward.
2. (blue - require teleporter) Take the cargo for yourself.
- Weapon or augmentation.
3. Leave them to their fate.
- FTL readies before the next solar flare.
4. Attack them.
- Regular scrap reward.
MeGusta

Postby MeGusta » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Event Idea.

"You discover a damaged ship floating in space. There appears to be a green goo like substance growing in patchs on the ship"

-Enter and investigate
-Get scrap from it
-Ignore it

BLUE OPTIONS
-Sensors level 2 Scan the ship for life forms > You find a life form on the ship > Now you are given the 2 choices to scrap it or enter it
-Slug crew Sense for life forms > You find a life form on the ship > Now you are given the 2 choices to scrap it or enter it

If you choose to enter: "You enter the ship, seeing a lone survivor who is clearly unstable you decide what to do"

-Allow him to board > He attacks a crew member using brute force. He screams, kicks and shouts. You either LOSE A CREWMEMBER or YOU KILL HIM AND EVERYONE IS SAFE, THEN YOU SCRAP HIS SHIP

Medbay Level 3: Hold him down and rush him to the med bay, where you knock him out and make him stable enough to communicate again > Get 1 crewmember

Put him out of his misery > He dies
nataryeahbuddy

Postby nataryeahbuddy » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:55 pm

I really need some other people to help, can anyone code? :D
My most popular mod! Over 290 Downloads!
Advanced Weapons and Shields!
My second most popular mod! Over 240 Downloads!
Advanced Battle Systems!
An awesome ship with custom graphics and two new weapons!
F-22A Raptor for FTL
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:55 pm

This one is just for you nataryeahbuddy. :D

Best of luck with the mod.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.