MOD REQUEST: boarding ship

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Agg Shell

Re: MOD REQUEST: boarding ship

Postby Agg Shell » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:21 pm

The Hawk wrote:I'Ve been looking at some mods recently, but i have yet not seen a ship that rellies on boarding. What i'd like someone to do, if he/she wants to, to create a ship, likely to be vanilla looking that has a four room teleporter room, with a crystal crewman at the start (and more, to be efficient in boarding), a four slot medbay and by four i mean 4 crewmember can go in at the same time (if possible, if not, then just regular 3), mantis pheromones (augment), at least a basic laser (to finish off ai ships) and a bomb weapon (for enemy medbays). weapons dont have to be op right away, but decent to get better ones later (such as breach bomb, my favorite weapon).
.':/

Sounds you want a mixture of both mantis ships.
Type A: basic laser small bomb
Type B: 4-man teleporter
both have the mantis pheromones.
You want this, only better. a crystal crew guy, 4-man medbay, it all too me just seems to... powerful.having a 4 man tele, decent boarding weapons, 4 man medbay, and a crystal crewmember (best at destroying systems) makes a pretty fine boarding ship. i don't wanna sound like a jerk, but it seems like you want to do boarding without all the inconviniences. you can take out medbays and zoltan shields, you have a powerful teleporter and a great crewmember with it, and a 4-man medbay. the medbay just strikes me as lazy :P, correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't thing sound way to good, with no chalenge? if i was you, i'd stick with the basilisk.
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
shark

Postby shark » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:16 pm

The man has a clear-cut idea of how he wants to enjoy his game. Let's not devolve into "why do you play mod X when mod Y is better" community here.

@Hawk: hows that ship going for you?
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
The Hawk

Postby The Hawk » Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:36 am

shark wrote:The man has a clear-cut idea of how he wants to enjoy his game. Let's not devolve into "why do you play mod X when mod Y is better" community here.

@Hawk: hows that ship going for you?

It's been a long time since i last went here, but i managed to create my own ships with ftlshipedit.exe
Anyway, i was looking for a mod that satisfied me as i play with ftl infinite space, which is kinda impossible to do with boarding.