[MOD]-[WIP] Playable rebel flagship and Federation Flagship

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Baldwebby360

[MOD]-[WIP] Playable rebel flagship and Federation Flagship

Postby Baldwebby360 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:05 am

Hello all.

I've decided to do a bit of modding myself and have decided to make a playable rebel flagship.

Most of it is done whats left is the gibs and weapon mounts

Not possible to change weapons to artillery :cry:

Replaces slug A and b

Download below.

Let me know your thoughts on it.

Bren tenkage did a lp of the mod in the post below

Dropbox link: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49965727/Rebel%20flagship.ftl

varient b https://dl.dropbox.com/u/49965727/Fed%20flagship.ftl
Last edited by Baldwebby360 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:14 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Kestrel A, Kestrel B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Mantis A, Mantis B, Engi A, Engi B, Cruiser A, Cruiser B, Slug A, Slug B, Rock A, Rock B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Crystal A, Crystal B.
Red is locked, green is a win with that ship.
BrenTenkage

Re: [MOD]-[WIP] Playable rebel flagship

Postby BrenTenkage » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:19 pm

I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
Superblues1

Re: [MOD]-[WIP] Playable Rebel Flagship

Postby Superblues1 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:10 pm

I've seen the video of this mod and i really want to try it out for the hell of it since i have unlocked all of the ships and there second layouts. I do have just one problem, i am new to modding FTL and i only know how to install mods that have 1 .ftl file. I am currently unsure on how to install mods that contain folders like "data" and "img" for example. I have experimented but cant seem to resolve my problem. Can you help?
Baldwebby360

Postby Baldwebby360 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Superblues1 wrote:I've seen the video of this mod and i really want to try it out for the hell of it since i have unlocked all of the ships and there second layouts. I do have just one problem, i am new to modding FTL and i only know how to install mods that have 1 .ftl file. I am currently unsure on how to install mods that contain folders like "data" and "img" for example. I have experimented but cant seem to resolve my problem. Can you help?

The file should of downloaded as a ftl to begin with?
Are you sure you did not un pack it?
Kestrel A, Kestrel B, Stealth A, Stealth B, Mantis A, Mantis B, Engi A, Engi B, Cruiser A, Cruiser B, Slug A, Slug B, Rock A, Rock B, Zoltan A, Zoltan B, Crystal A, Crystal B.
Superblues1

Postby Superblues1 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Baldwebby360 wrote:The file should of downloaded as a ftl to begin with?

Oh right. When i downloaded it, it came up in winRAR. Which meant that when i open it up, it has 2 files (data & img) Do you know how i can prevent it from doing that?
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 pm

Superblues1 wrote:
Baldwebby360 wrote:The file should of downloaded as a ftl to begin with?

Oh right. When i downloaded it, it came up in winRAR. Which meant that when i open it up, it has 2 files (data & img) Do you know how i can prevent it from doing that?

Right, winRAR will open it if you click on it since .ftl files are just renamed .zip files. But if you're trying to open the mod file you downloaded, you're doing it wrong - just throw the downloaded file in /mods.

Your computer is probably set up to automatically open archives it downloads. Ignore that.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Superblues1

Postby Superblues1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:15 pm

thashepherd wrote:Right, winRAR will open it if you click on it since .ftl files are just renamed .zip files. But if you're trying to open the mod file you downloaded, you're doing it wrong - just throw the downloaded file in /mods.

Your computer is probably set up to automatically open archives it downloads. Ignore that.

I dont have any option or choice to keep it as a .ftl file. Some mods i download are fine but others it just goes to winRAR without me doing anything. I just wanted to see if there was a way of changing winRAR or .zip files to .ftl ones. Ik that when you have a .ftl file you can rename it and change the format but you cant reverse the process as far as i can tell.
shark

Postby shark » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:20 pm

1) fix shield elipse
2) fix weapon positions
3) no artillery?
4) 4 guns and 2 drones for *the* boss ship?

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say
5) make gibs

Other than that, nice work.
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All of our mods
are belong to you.
Baldwebby360

Postby Baldwebby360 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:11 pm

shark wrote:1) fix shield elipse
2) fix weapon positions
3) no artillery?
4) 4 guns and 2 drones for *the* boss ship?

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say
5) make gibs

Other than that, nice work.

Thanks, it seems that the mod can not use artillery as it seems to be a hard coded thing but the rest should be fixed soon
Rayquaza96

Postby Rayquaza96 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:31 pm

I use GMM to put it on but it wont appear when i tell it to go on, supposidly being installed but not appaering in the ship selection (yes is is an .ftl file)

Does anyone konw what the problem is, and if so do you know how to make it work?

Scratch that didn't see that it replaces the slug a (damn i dont have it) ignore this comment