Grognak's Mod Manager v1.7 (Updated March 6, 2013!)

Discuss and distribute tools and methods for modding. Moderator - Grognak
Maifa_Monkey

Re: Grognak's Mod Manager v1.5 (Updated Dec 19 2012!)

Postby Maifa_Monkey » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:49 pm

I am not using steam, got any other solutions , and thanks for replying
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:55 pm

the black screen/white box indicates messed up .dat files. Uninstall the game, delete everything that may be left behind in the game dir. Your profile is lept separately and is probably fine. If you are using GoG anwser Yes when you are asked to keep saved games.

Once you delete everything, install the game again, but do not install any mods. First check to see if the game is working. If it's all good then install GMM and add mods one by one until you identify the problem. I am 99% certain that modded .dat files are the problem.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Skcarkden

Postby Skcarkden » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:11 am

I can't seem to make this Mod Manager work at all.

Mostly my issue is not knowing exactly how to unzip or where to place the file, it says in the foler where FTLGame.exe is, but the closest is FTLGame, so i don't know if it's the same thing, but i placed the files in that folder, however not knowing exactly how to unzip or what to do, i have no idea if it even works. i tried to extract but i think just ended up with a GMM folder in a GMM folder and it's all haywire for me.

Edit: Additionally... i see no info on how to tell if it's works, will it change anything visually in the FTL game? or does it open separately, and if so, how to make it open that part?

Edit again: Nvm, got it all sorted now.
Maifa_Monkey

Postby Maifa_Monkey » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:04 pm

UltraMantis wrote:the black screen/white box indicates messed up .dat files. Uninstall the game, delete everything that may be left behind in the game dir. Your profile is lept separately and is probably fine. If you are using GoG anwser Yes when you are asked to keep saved games.

Once you delete everything, install the game again, but do not install any mods. First check to see if the game is working. If it's all good then install GMM and add mods one by one until you identify the problem. I am 99% certain that modded .dat files are the problem.

i uninstalled the game and cleared out my dir. and reinstalled it. But even without any mods it is still not working that same black screen with a white box appears
Mr_Radish

Postby Mr_Radish » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:12 pm

I'm running the Linux Steam version of FTL in Ubuntu 12.10 and I can't get the program to run. Anyone got it working in Ubuntu?
WhoRCares123

Postby WhoRCares123 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:00 am

Hey, I have windows but I use Steam for Terraria, FTL, and the Binding of Isaac and if I go under my documents and my games where I have Terraria and FTL and click on FTL to place the file, there is no FTLGame.exe under that folder.

I am new to installing mods and the only thing I have done before was install a world for Terraria(that was just a unzip and copy and paste into the game folder scenario) so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

This seems like a great enhancement to my FTL experience and I want to use it, so any and all help is appreciated.
boa13

Postby boa13 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:47 am

Mr_Radish: I think several users have managed to run the Mod Manager under Linux (being written in Python, it should certainly work).

WhoRCares123: My Documents\My Games is for your saved games and is not where you should place the Mod Manager. Into should go somewhere into Program Files\Steam\FTL (approximative names).
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Falcon87456

Postby Falcon87456 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:25 am

Hey. I'm on a mac, I've followed the instructions, it appears to work, but mods won't install. It also says i'm using version 1.4, even with 1.5 installed. I also tried reordering the mods.
Evilnicko

Postby Evilnicko » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 pm

WhoRCares123 wrote:Hey, I have windows but I use Steam for Terraria, FTL, and the Binding of Isaac and if I go under my documents and my games where I have Terraria and FTL and click on FTL to place the file, there is no FTLGame.exe under that folder.

I am new to installing mods and the only thing I have done before was install a world for Terraria(that was just a unzip and copy and paste into the game folder scenario) so forgive me if I am missing something obvious.

This seems like a great enhancement to my FTL experience and I want to use it, so any and all help is appreciated.

It is in your steam apps folder under common and then the faster than light folder, the one in the documents is where the save file and the profiles are stored.
Maifa_Monkey

Postby Maifa_Monkey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Can anyone help me with my black screen and white box problem please?