[MOD][NEW RELEASE] Sonata 7a TC

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RaiseoHitsu

Re: [MOD][NEW RELEASE] Sonata 7a TC

Postby RaiseoHitsu » Sun May 19, 2013 5:24 pm

Spectacular mod, hands down, altough I think I liked the music before better, it's still refreshing to hear new tunes.
Everything about this mod is fantastic :D have no complain whatsoever, I just hope you finish it soon so I can
try out all the new ships and stuff.
So Thanks!

Oh and one thing... did I install it wrong or is the final boss supposed to be a little bugged?
Screenshot : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =146268875
The down part was not accessible, only the "vanilla" parts. When it cloaked, you could see the Rebel Flagship silhouette.
bizket

Postby bizket » Thu May 30, 2013 3:32 am

I'm having a problem with the mod. I have downloaded 7a from http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonata/downloads/sonata-7a and have changed it from .zip to .ftl. The mod loader recognizes it and it loads it with no errors but when I run the game it's the normal game instead of the conversion. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bizket

Edited to add -
I can get other mods to load and run properly so I don't think it is an issue with the loader.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Fri May 31, 2013 9:09 pm

bizket wrote:I'm having a problem with the mod. I have downloaded 7a from http://www.moddb.com/mods/sonata/downloads/sonata-7a and have changed it from .zip to .ftl. The mod loader recognizes it and it loads it with no errors but when I run the game it's the normal game instead of the conversion. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bizket

Edited to add -
I can get other mods to load and run properly so I don't think it is an issue with the loader.

Bizket - I changed the way the mod is distributed since a lot of people were having issues renaming the file the way Sonata 7 was downloaded. For 7a, the .ftl file you need is right INSIDE the .zip - you don't need to rename anything, just open the .zip and drag the .ftl file into your mod directory.

RaiseoHitsu - Yeah, it's bugged. In some ways, 7a was me dumping all of my work to date since I knew I wouldn't be working on the mod for a while. You can probably see what I was going for WRT the final boss - but it's pretty clearly unfinished. :( (Multi-ship battles are a LOT of work! Sonata is not set up in such a way that I can use the ship editors very easily; everything is done by hand.)
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Bloodman123

Postby Bloodman123 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Hey, I downloaded the mod, But soon as i click Start to begin the game it just automatically crash's, can someone help me please? :?: :?: :!: :!:
Bloodman123

Postby Bloodman123 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:37 pm

:!: :?: :!: :?: Hey everytime i launch Sonata with FTL and i click start after i selected my ship it crash's, Can someone tell me how to resolve this please?
thejakemc1

Postby thejakemc1 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:11 pm

I'm having the same problem as bloodman123.
Help please?
jr2

Postby jr2 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:23 am

I have the same problem as above -- apply mod, start FTL, see Sonata with all the awesome music, press "New Game", instant Crash To Desktop.

:confused:
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:48 am

The mod is not compatible with newest vesion of FTL. If you want to play it, you'll have to downgrade FTL to 1.03.1

That said, the mod is salvageable, but the author would have to modify it so that it doesn't replace whole archives, only the necessary files.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Watcher

Postby Watcher » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:03 pm

same problem as the fellas above. Hope the mod gets updated soon.
zipliner66

Postby zipliner66 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:37 am

Dig the mod. I really like the 'bat country' reference! Made me smile, keep up the good work! :D