Mod question

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Maverick25

Mod question

Postby Maverick25 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:59 am

Good evening (or morning) all!

Quick question - are there any mods out there that increases max (or totally removes caps) on systems, upgrades, and crew?
I did my own research and came up dry - but it was actually hard to find this forum in the first place, as most mods are on nexus or moddb.
If there are none, I was thinking about developing a "bigger crew" mod myself. Something that adds numbers to the cap crew you can have.

Thank you!!
Chance :)
Jumbocarrot0

Re: Mod question

Postby Jumbocarrot0 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:26 am

Removing the cap on system upgrades is very possible. If I recall correctly you’ll need to change a number in a ‘maxpower’ tag or something like that, and add the cost of the extra upgrade levels.

Custom ships can start with more than the maximum number of systems, but you can’t change the limit to allow passing this mid-game. And removing the crew cap is also impossible with conventional modding.
Maverick25

Re: Mod question

Postby Maverick25 » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:10 am

I found a modder that managed to remove the crew cap and do everything that I dreamed of, but his download link is broken and it looks like his work has been lost forever.
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=32275

I did reach out to some of the people in that thread (to include Arsenal+'s creator) and I'll wait to see if anyone has the file laying around. It looks like that mod has everything that I was looking for, but the dev just vanished.

I talked with Hyperspace's dev and he said that his experiences with isCrewFull function modification resulted in the game "shitting itself." He told me that the ida address is 0xE31310 if I wanted to tamper with it myself.

Keyboard_warrior said he has success with modification of this function with Cheat Engine 6.6, though I have yet to find a safe version of this program. CE 7.0/7.1 were the only versions I could find, but they were being stopped by my antivirus. Installation wouldn't even work after killing my internet & turning off antivirus. I put the open source code into Lazarus and ran into several fatal errors.

I really wish one of FTL's active dev's would remove that crew cap again :(