First is simple... What is the goal of this mod gameplay? In CE it was Flagship (random). Does this mod have it too?
Yes, Multiverse is also all about getting to a final boss and killing it. The Flagship is changed a fair bit from vanilla but is also similar in a lot of ways.
Second. Are there such interesting parts of CE like:?
weapon prefixes - nope, endless loot is a very large systematically generated addon for CE that we have not yet attempted because the base mod is not complete
additional music - yes, for certain sectors. We are still working on other music but it is not a high priority. at the moment
space stations - yes
artillery for every player ship - this is WIP. It takes a long time to make artilleries for every player ship, especially when we have around 100 of them at the moment.
graphical improvements and backgrounds - yes, there are many new generic backgrounds to find plus special backgrounds for certain events
new hazards - sort of. CE's custom hazards are unbalanced dogshit so nothing of the sort, we're mostly waiting for hyperspace to add more functionality for REAL custom hazards.
trading - CE's trading system is also pretty rubbish. We have a few ideas but it has not been implemented yet.
new weapons and drones - yes, there are many, but unlike CE we dont clutter stores with worthless junk.
What graphical improvements can be used along your mod. My current mod list is:
Most mods will not work with Multiverse, including graphical ones. I highly recommend not patching ANY additional mods excluding specific Multiverse addons to prevent problems.
I was doing some expansion for Socializing part of CE. I did one for all races except Lanius, Ghost and Crystals. It included many new outcomes, risks, potentials to buff your ship etc. I planned to finish it, but seeing your mod I can share the code. You can use my ideas if you like.
We are currently reworking our crew socialization system to allow you to talk to crew as many times as you want at a beacon. This however means they will only provide flavor and no actual benefits because you'll be able to do other things as well. I'm also not a big fan of CE's flavor text, it's very bland and uninteresting.
Last thing... Once I had an idea to make some crew (random, but with some race specific presets) able to carry stuff with them, upgrading their abilities. For example tools for better fixing, different guns for better boarding etc. This stuff would be rare and only possible to get while boarding or in the shop. Maybe some new abilities could be get like head shielding to avoid mind control for example? Would this be possible with new tools?
This is not currently possible, but you could always request it with the hyperspace people.
5.All ships have missing junks after destroying, including player ship.
Missing gibs are known. These take a considerable amount of time to make, and we have around 500 ships. Each ship needs roughly 4 gibs, if not more, which means we have a lot of gib backlog. These are coming eventually.
- 2nd sector is too easy; no ship had 2 shields, so with 3 lasers I just devastated them;
Enemy balancing is very close to vanilla. If enemies aren't scaling to have more shields earlier on there's not really anything that can be done about it.
- variety of 1st and 2nd sector events should be bigger, because they are played the most; it should be priority before new content; for now it is too boring;
I'm not really sure what you mean, there is at the very least the same number of events as vanilla, plus a lot more. Additionally, the 2nd sector is randomized so it's not like you'd experience the same events every time regardless.
- additional jobs assignments should be better explained; are they worth? I sent 2 man, in empty beacon to discover the map and the fleet rush by 2 jumps! Map was not worth such a lose of distance; CE had the same problem;
The job text warns you that it will take 2 jumps to complete. The idea is the lowest amount of crew is very inefficient, but when you have more crew of the same type you can complete things more efficiently.
- it would be good to have few more backgrounds to not to get the same one each few jumps; variety, variety and once more variety;
Vanilla only has like, 5 backgrounds. We add 27 new ones... so I'm not really sure how this can be an issue.
- slavery should be resolved like in CE, so you cannot get slave as crew without penalty, unless it is very rare situation when it is volunteer after fight;
Ce's morality system is very under-thought. FTL is not a game about morals, and technically nothing implies that the crew has to be kept as a slave. I do not intend to add features that punish the player for playing the game.
- is it possible to add tooltip for enemy weapons? I don't know they abilities, there's no wikia, so it would be good to have at least some overall info on hovering, for example "fast reloading basic missile weapon". It would help a lot!
This is not currently possible.
- are there any blue options related to crew; I had nothing for human or engi so far;
There are still all of the vanilla events, plus new ones.
- event about exploring asteroid field should take you to it; it is strange when you count risk exploring it, and it is not showing up after clicking;
This is a vanilla event, I have not edited it.
- nice new UI stuff; do you plan to add something like Shiny!
I don't plan on adding too much UI stuff, as in previous projects many people have complained about them.
- I like new health bar for player; enemies should have similar one;
The player health bar is only this way because some ships do not have the standard 30 health, which messes with the notches. Since the enemy bar will expand accordingly, I don't intend to edit it.
- I like hacker sector; signal stations should have more variety of destroy events, because they are very often met (I met them 3 times in one sector);
There are already 6 outcomes for this. I don't think there's many more I can make that would really fit the context.
Can you post me base picture for Shell and Orchid crew type? I made Score file for CE using those, and I want to make similar for Multiverse
2.Lots of hulls have rooms not fitting the actual hull;
This is more or less known. Sometimes rooms will go outside a bit, it's not really a big concern of mine, because sometimes its hard to fit enough rooms within some sprites.
7.It says you unlocked Engi ship. Which one?
9.It allows to click new unlocked ship, shows empty hangar and runs destroyed ship sound;
This ship is currently unfinished, it'll come in a later update.
8.Unnecessary text space;
This is just a text wrapping issue with the way the game handles the text. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately.
- I love engineer crew! So much flavour. Is this the only event when you get such? Are there other unique crew types?
There are many different crew types, such as human medics, rockmen outcasts, engi separatists, etc. Engineers are generally rebel oriented, but they're easiest to find automated shipyard sectors.
- add more options to those bloody giant spiders
Giant alien spider update is coincidentally the one that comes out today, which completely reworks the event.
- the more crew the better the effect; from 1 to 5 for example;
this is already how it works.
- jesus, why delay; it's an empty beacon, you have plenty of time normally devoted on fighting and doing event's stuff so there should be no delay at all; scrap or other cost is enough;
the delay is for balancing. I rebalance these options frequently, but the crew jobs aren't the main focus of empty beacons anyways. These options are merely here to present somewhat situational advantages for crew or equipment to make empty beacons less worthless.
- more personalization for each race: why Mantis can fix something? IT would be better to give them personal training option. Make them different;
Mantis repair worse at empty beacons. Training options via events are not currently possible either.
2.This whole menu at the beginning breaks the spirit of every design; This should be drone carrier, and you get laser on start...
The idea of the start game menu is to mitigate the disadvantages of the ships with large flaws. Personally I don't think any of the options are unbalanced.
You must work on ship balance; Multiverse A is much stronger than said engi ships. 2 dual shot lasers, one of them piercing, nice crew, good modules. Comparing to weak Sep A, which is old Engi B, the weakest ship ever in all mods... You should lower the op-ness of strongest ships to make them relatively equal at start. With Mul A it is not a problem to reach sector 3, 4. With Sep A, it is succes to leave sector 1 Balance of the ships is thing that lacks in vanilla, in CE and in all other mods. Try to not continue this tradition.
I mean, we have almost 100 player ships. Some ships are meant to be stronger, and some weaker. This is a mod after all, so I want to focus more on ships with unique challenges or strategies. Some people find other ships stronger than others. When a ship has a glaring issue I'll fix it, but for most of them Im satisfied with the current balance.
- how many lvls crew can get? Once in CE I suggested to increase the cap, but it was not possible. Lvls could be green --> cyan --> yellow --> orange --> red -->purple; it would create new possibilities with certain elites starting at higher lvls;
It is impossible to add additional levels. Crew still go up to the "yellow" level as in vanilla.
- can you add new bars? For cloacking system + control, for speed trained in special way;
some systems, such as cloaking, do have new bars. However, many systems have their effects hard-coded, and in some cases adding new bars break UI.
- can you add possibility to gather repair experience by fixing hull breaches? May at lower rate for example 3 hull breaches = 1 standard repair;
this is not currently possible.