[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.7 [Panic at the Science Center + Hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:50 am

Press L in-game (can't be at the main menu, hangar, or in an event or UI menu. You literally just have to be on the idle ship screen during a run) to open the console. From there, you can use either the SHIP ALL command to unlock all of the ships at once, or using SHIP_CUSTOM followed by the internal ID of the ship in question. Make sure they're in all caps, as the commands are case sensitive.
Ship IDs can be found in the following files;
blueprints.xml.append (for type A/B variants of most ships)
dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml.append (for type C variants of most ships)
dlcBlueprints.xml.append (for type A/B/C variants of Sylvan's Cruisers and Proto-MV Cruisers)
tinyrodent

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.7 [Panic at the Science Center + Hotfix]

Postby tinyrodent » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:31 pm

I got the BOSS_EGGMAN event in sector 7 and took out the engineer. Then I went a repair beacon, and returned to the event beacon on my way to the Base. It gave me the event prompt again. I just ignored this time...

EDIT: So then I beat the flagship with Shell Science A, but it did not unlock Shell Science B or C, nor the Radiant Cruiser (Shelled Cruisers are all unlocked already).

Also - the hint for Morph C seems wrong. But I haven't played Morph A yet.

Another bug - I went to sector 2 Nebulous Parts and chose not to deploy decoy buoys. Then when I got to the first beacon I chose to run a salvage mission; but it said I already did that (not true).
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:21 pm

It appears there's some really weird stuff going on with hyperspace that's interfering with unlocks. Ships that unlock from reaching s8/defeating the flagship seem to sometimes just not unlock because the game doesn't actually save at that point (but it's also extremely inconsistent because it works for like 70% of people). If you go to the menu you might even notice your continue is still there and will load the run from an earlier point.
I've notified Swift of the bug, but he's been on a hiatus recently and I have no clue when he'll return to fix it and the various other hyperspace bugs.
karrie

Postby karrie » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:31 pm

will anyone help me with getting it to work with the folllowing mods.
note that I cannot figure out which dependencies the star trek mod uses from supremacy and I wanted to play the star trek ships with multiverse along with their unique weapons. the star trek mod replaces some ships supremacy adds and the stresource has weapons that use textures and sounds from supremacy
https://www.nexusmods.com/fasterthanlight/mods/27?tab=files
https://www.moddb.com/mods/ftlsupremacy/downloads/ftlsupremacy-v101
error when installing without supremacy
error when running multiverse with supremacy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/764291499675484182/810171158581346354/FTL.log
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:25 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:It appears there's some really weird stuff going on with hyperspace that's interfering with unlocks. Ships that unlock from reaching s8/defeating the flagship seem to sometimes just not unlock because the game doesn't actually save at that point (but it's also extremely inconsistent because it works for like 70% of people). If you go to the menu you might even notice your continue is still there and will load the run from an earlier point.
I've notified Swift of the bug, but he's been on a hiatus recently and I have no clue when he'll return to fix it and the various other hyperspace bugs.

Maybe related - when I destroyed the flagship, there were still enemy boarders on my ship.
kingjoshington

Postby kingjoshington » Sat Feb 13, 2021 7:56 pm

Speaking of Unlocks ... is there a wiki or a list somewhere that shows all in one place how to unlock certain ships?
On the first page, the ship in the lower right says I need to get to S5 with the Civilian Cruiser ... but I've already unlocked Civ A, B, C (and beat the flagship with the B layout) and this ship is still locked ...
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:38 pm

There's a wiki here - https://ftlmultiverse.fandom.com/wiki/FTL:_Multiverse_Wiki
It's still WIP, it doesn't have full unlock details yet I think (among other things), but its actively being worked on.
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:48 pm

Are morphs supposed to be working? I tried the morph cruiser but the crew don't get any choices when attempting to morph.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:02 am

Yes, but do note they only work with certain crew. You have to have the crew on your ship too. Normal morphs cannot copy drones or "technological/metaloid" crew like engi or lanius. Technopaths cannot copy normal crew, but can copy drones or technological/metaloid crew. No morphs can copy zoltan/ghost types.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:11 am

Hey! I just wanted to say that I found two interesting bugs. First, sometimes the slug palace doesn't spawn in the royal nebula. And second, if you fight the flagship with no fuel, it can jump away, causing the stage to end.